MARCH 2020 Maintenance Thread

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MARCH 2020 Maintenance Thread

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:31 am

Erin - Wow! 4 feet of snow? I’d head south for the winter, too! When do you usually start planting your garden?

Glenn - your gardens look amazing! We just put in raised beds this week. I’m feeling some garden envy when I we those pictures! Just curious, what is your hardiness zone? I’m in a 5b, so I have 4-6 weeks before last frost. There are lots of videos right now for subsistence gardens, tons of great info.

Sorry for the delay in getting the April thread going. The days are kinda blurring into one another with the stay-at-home orders.
Here is the April maintenance thread.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Re: MARCH 2020 Maintenance Thread

Postby Ejeff » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 am

Lindsey, we usually say don’t plant things until the May long weekend which is around May 19th. We can plant earlier, but there is still a risk of frost. A friend of mine grew her greens last year in a raised box. She simply cut the top off the bag of dirt and planted right in the bag with a few drainage holes. Each year she just buys a new bag of soil. Was planning to try that out.

Glenn, I am the same as you, one bad shoulder so I need to be careful. Right now my at home weights are jars of salsa lol. I keep the weight low and focus on more reps and keeping the movement slow and steady. I just read Jeff’s posts about getting daily steps in. I’m going to be more motivated to walk around the house more...each time I get up.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories