Brain tumour removed in 2016

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Brain tumour removed in 2016

Postby Melinda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am

I was discovered to have a brain tumour in 2016.my optometrist discovered I had lost half of my peripheral vision. She sent me to the hospital for a CT scan where they discovered the tumour, followed by an MRI. I had been eating plant based for several years with exception of oils. The surgeon told me that I had a risk of stroke, and more vision loss, so I. Decided to go ahead with the surgery. I was never so scared in my life. End result, they discovered a few cancerous cells. The surgeon was able to remove all of it except for a safe margin. Hweadvised me to have radiation and chemo. At this point I would have agreed to anything. They told me my prognosis was vey good because the chemo they were using was very successful for the type of mutation on my tumour. It has been about6or 7 years now and all my follow up MRIs are clear.
I am still recovering from the treatment in that I don’t have my same energy, and have trouble with remembering numbers. I’m convinced that it wasn’t worse because of my diet. Why did I get this , I lived in the West Kootenays for many years, in the path of fallout from the failed Hanford nuclear reactor in Washington state, which I believe is still a dirty site. During the course of my treatment they did a scan of my carotid arteries and found only very minor plaque, thanks to my diet thanks to Dr. Mcdougall and to Colin Campbell.And Dr. esselstyn.
Melinda

Re: Brain tumour removed in 2016

Postby Drew_ab » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am

Melinda,

You have been through so much and are a very brave individual. Thank you for your openness in sharing about having a brain tumor removed. You mentioned that the nuclear fallout reactor might be a cause. Do you have any other theories (or how about your doctors)? It's great to hear that you're carotid arteries are in good shape. Having any otherwise healthy lifestyle moving forward will serve you well. I appreciate you sharing this. Please continue to share your journey moving forward.
Drew_ab

Postby deweyswakms » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Melinda from Oregon,
I lived for a few years in the mid 50s in Kennewick, Washington, next door to the Hanford site. There are so many hazardous environmental sites all around people now. This can't end well for people on the planet. Meanwhile, eating healthy as you are doing is the best medicine of all. You have survived a very scary ordeal. Best wishes, Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby Melinda » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:54 am

Thanks.
Melinda

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories