No longer obese!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

No longer obese!

Postby UncleMike » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:51 am

After 2 months on the MWL plan, my BMI is < 30, so I’m no longer obese! This was the first benchmark I was trying to hit.
UncleMike

Re: No longer obese!

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:06 am

Wonderful! I’m so excited to hear your updates on your journey.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby belcimo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm

Hello and congrats! Your post made me look up my BMI - oof - which lead me to start journaling on here today. Thanks for the push!

-Belinda
belcimo

Postby Susan5 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:39 pm

Fantastic, UncleMike! I remember the relief I felt when I reached that point. It's such a good feeling! It's even better when you cross over into the healthy bmi range. :-) Can't wait for your announcement for that one! It's crazy how much your health markers improve right along with the weight loss. I went from a bmi of 34.5 and pre-diabetic, pre-hypertensive (I remember my doctor mentioning she was going to put me on medication if either got worse). As my weight went down, those went away for the most part. My fasting numbers continued to hover right around 100 though, and nothing was changing that until I started to seriously implement keeping my fat intake truly low-no more fudging it. Now my fasting numbers are in the 80s and my bmi is 22. I hope all that is a source of inspiration for you as you continue down this path.

Belinda, looking forward to your announcement in the future. :-D
~ The best thing I did was to break-up with food; it was an unhealthy relationship.
~ You can't let go while still trying to hold on.
~ Focus on less...less desire, less obsession, less holding on.
~ "Learn to care less about food."
Susan5

Postby UncleMike » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 am

Susan5 wrote:Fantastic, UncleMike! I remember the relief I felt when I reached that point. It's such a good feeling! It's even better when you cross over into the healthy bmi range. :-) Can't wait for your announcement for that one! It's crazy how much your health markers improve right along with the weight loss. I went from a bmi of 34.5 and pre-diabetic, pre-hypertensive (I remember my doctor mentioning she was going to put me on medication if either got worse). As my weight went down, those went away for the most part. My fasting numbers continued to hover right around 100 though, and nothing was changing that until I started to seriously implement keeping my fat intake truly low-no more fudging it. Now my fasting numbers are in the 80s and my bmi is 22. I hope all that is a source of inspiration for you as you continue down this path.

Belinda, looking forward to your announcement in the future. :-D

I’m hoping next time I get my blood tested I have some better numbers too. :-)
UncleMike

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories