Should I be concerned?

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Should I be concerned?

Postby KJoy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Bkworm, I so understand! I lived in Miami for 5 years and went through hurricane Andrew in my closet. I will pray for you as you get your house back in repair. Electricity will come back on soon. I know it is scary and stressful but try to rest and trust that God has you in His hands. Heat, fear, stress, and trauma will cause your body to react as much any food. Take it all easy . Everything will be ok.

You and I are so similar in our food sensitivities! I can't have any grains, but corn seems to be ok. I haven't tried quinoa or buckwheat yet but I hope to soon. Like you, I'm scared to rock the boat! How do you do with soy?
KJoy

Re: Should I be concerned?

Postby Bkworm » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks KJoy,

After living through the night of Hurricane Irma, I can at least begin to understand what you went through with Andrew. Were you by yourself throughout the entire storm?

Just found out today that our claim will probably be turned over to the Large Claims Department there are so many problems.

Staying 100% complaint to the WFPB way of eating is a real challenge right now. All the food in our refrigerator and freezers had to be dumped. So I am left with lots of canned beans in the pantry. First couple of days did not even have a way to open the cans. Had an old-fashioned can opener but hubby had taken it to work. Right now eating a fruit bowl for breakfast and a large salad with some type of beans and/or corn on top with some oil-free salad dressing.

Even if I wanted to eat at restaurants, nothing has been open. The grocery story is finally starting to get restocked, etc., but I currently have no way to cook at all. Each day get a bit more organized but cooking is going to be a challenge. Would love a wonderful baked potato right now. But even Wendy's has been closed. Went to an IHOP one morning and all I could get on their menu was the fruit bowl. The fruit bowl was delicious, however.

Found out today that we will probably be out of our house at least six months and probably longer. Trying to figure out the essential kitchen items I must have to function. Had thought about ordering an iPot to eliminate the need for more cooking items. Just depend on the blender and food processor.

KJoy, sure hope your health is continuing to improve and that you won't need to keep that appointment with a rheumatoligist in October.
Bkworm

Previous

Return to How to Begin