Hello, Just starting my second week

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello, Just starting my second week

Postby Cathmc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:21 am

I just wanted to say hello and that I´m glad to be here and look forward to learning and interacting more with you all.

I´m just starting my second week and am feeling pretty good. So far I´m loving it.
That said, it´s not my first attempt but somehow, this time I feel really ready to say NO I no longer eat, or want to eat animal products, oils or processed foods.

I´m coming up for 55 years of age and like so many of us have been on this diet and that for most of my life. The last few of those mainly being Low Carb high protein, not for the liking of it but because I thought it was the thing to do to keep my weight down and be healthy.
So, here I am having done a complete about turn and very glad of it.
Of course, I´d also like to drop the extra pounds but am ready to accept that it may be slower than I´d like and that along the way I´ll have to make a few tweaks here and there. I suspect that this last week I have eaten rather too much bread and beans and that I could do with eating more salad. Lets just say I´m easing myself in. :-)
The main thing is I want to make this a way of life. I want to forget about being on a diet !! I just want to feel I am choosing a healthy way of eating and living for a healthier, longer life.

Thanks for reading. Look forward to getting to know you all.
Cathmc

Re: Hello, Just starting my second week

Postby jamietwo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Good for you! Welcome to the boards, and good luck!
Jamie
jamietwo

Re: Hello, Just starting my second week

Postby Cathmc » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you Jamietwo.

xx
Cathmc

Return to How to Begin