Another Newbie, slim and insulin resistant

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Another Newbie, slim and insulin resistant

Postby CBB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello,
I'm (almost) 48 years, female, from Germany, slightly underweight and pre-diabetic/insulin resistant. I've been very slim all my life. My 81 year old mother is diabetic (she wasn't overweight until she had to take insulin). My father had a stroke when he was 60, heart problems and several stents followed. When I realized a few years ago that my blood glucose was too high I tried eating low carb. It worked somehow, eating less carbs lowered the blood glucose after the meals, but my fasting glucose went up and up and insulin resistance increased. Now, before going to the doc and taking meds, I plan to try the McDougall diet. I don't think eating whole food vegan will be a big problem, I've been a whole food vegetarian most of my life, the only things I have to overcome are cheese and olive oil ... but I'm a bit afraid I'd lose weight, eating not much fat. I don't know how or if this will work without weight loss, are there any slim diabetics here to give me hope that it's possible to increase insulin sensitivity without loosing weight? ?
CBB

Re: Another Newbie, slim and insulin resistant

Postby Dougalling » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Dougalling

Return to How to Begin