I am hungry all the time on McDougall's diet.

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I am hungry all the time on McDougall's diet.

Postby Susan5 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Lyndzie wrote: I particularly like Jeff’s presentation of How to Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer, and Dr. Doug Lisle’s lecture How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind.

I second these recommendations! Of everything I watched and read, these two presentations helped me the most. They are a good encapsulation of just about everything one needs to know to get started. These are the videos I forward to other people when I think they will be open to watching them. Great post, Lyndzie!
~ The best thing I did was to break-up with food; it was an unhealthy relationship.
~ You can't let go while still trying to hold on.
~ Focus on less...less desire, less obsession, less holding on.
~ "Learn to care less about food."
Susan5

Postby niejemmiesa » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Thank you Lyndzie for your response. I definitely did my best to follow suggestions of Dr. McDougal and made great effort to educate myself how to apply vegan diet.

I still have piles of brown rice, beans of different colors, quinoa, lentils, semolina and buckwheat left in the pantry. I also ate potatoes, jicama, turnips, rutabaga, squash, cabbage, eggplants, onions and fruits. Plus some tortillas and bread pumpernickel. That was basically the list of items that I utilized. I avoided oil and limited nuts and avocado. I skimped on salt and sugar. I took vitamins including B12.

I suppose that is what Dr. McDougal recommends.

I made up my mind because I feel better and there is no reason to struggle with vegan diet any more. I don't believe that it is my fault that I was not successful. I am convinced that my body is not suited for this diet.
niejemmiesa

Postby potato-cat » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 pm

> people that had to quit vegan diet

I suspect the printing of the above phrase, and a few others, was the author's only purpose in starting this thread. Yes, I'm highly conspiratorial.

I realize I haven't 'added' anything to the discussion, per-se, but I wanted to express myself. So I have.

Hooray for potatos!
potato-cat

Postby a-great-hunger » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:39 pm

niejemmiesa, I'm sorry to hear the McDougall diet didn't work for you, and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Some people seem to "feel better" on different diets. (Like how some swear by keto or carnivore!) I'm glad you've found what works for you.
a-great-hunger

Previous

Return to How to Begin