yellow vegetables

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

yellow vegetables

Postby joano » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 pm

This may be a silly question but I keep reading about green and yellow vegetable, which I believe is referring to non-starchy veggies. I can easily enough figure out which vegetables are green, but how many yellow vegetables are there? I can only think of yellow bell peppers!! I admit I was never much of a vegetable eater in the past, and I feel really stupid asking this question. But I'd really like a list of yellow veggies this would be referring to if anyone has one.
joano

Re: yellow vegetables

Postby JeffN » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:03 pm

What we mean by “green and yellow” vegetables

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58748

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby joano » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Thank you so much! So it seems that saying "green and yellow vegetable"s is just a catch all phrase for all non-starchy veggies, right?
Since beets and radishes, just to name a few that are not either green or yellow, are on that list and they are red.
joano

Postby JeffN » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:03 pm

joano wrote:Thank you so much! So it seems that saying "green and yellow vegetable"s is just a catch all phrase for all non-starchy veggies, right?
Since beets and radishes, just to name a few that are not either green or yellow, are on that list and they are red.

Yes

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to How to Begin