Right Salad Dressing?

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Right Salad Dressing?

Postby SharonA » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Maple grove Farms of Vermont. Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette. Please tell me I've made a good choice. I've looked for 2 days at stores , and the ones on here suggested are out of stock. Is this a good choice? Thank you in advance.
SharonA

Re: Right Salad Dressing?

Postby CindyD » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 am

Hi Sharon!
(note: I am not an expert) :)
If you are doing the McDougal MWL (Maximum Weight Loss) plan, then the added sugar is not ideal. That much said, I am doing the MWL and I sometimes use their Fat Free Wasabi Dijon (a little spicy if you don't mind that). You can get these from Amazon if necessary, though usually in packs of 3.

If the added sugar in the dressing causes you to crave additional sugar, then you might try Dr. Jeff Novick's homemade dressing. copied from another thread:

My favorite salad dressing recipe - Creamy Garlic Dill Dressing

1 Can Eden Foods No Salt Added Butter Beans, drained (save the drained bean liquid).
4 (-6) Tbsp bean liquid
2 (-3) Tbsp plain vinegar or balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
1/2 (-1) tsp garlic powder
1/2 (-1) tsp dried dill weed

Blend in food processor or blender till creamy.

Adjust the amount of bean water & vinegar/lemon juice to the consistency you like.

Adjust the amount of garlic & dill to the flavor you like.

Any white bean will work but I find butter beans make the creamiest dressing.

I also use this on baked potatoes!

Enjoy!

In Health
Jeff

P.S. 1 can beans is approximately 1 1/2 cup cooked beans.
CindyD

Re: Right Salad Dressing?

Postby SharonA » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Oh thank you so much for answering my question. I just received Jeff's videos in the mail and I'm watching them. I'm really trying to get the hang of this. Thanks again , Sharon
SharonA

Return to How to Begin