I've decided to start McDougalling

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

I've decided to start McDougalling

Postby Lisa M. » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 am

I've decided to start my McDougalling adventure. I was encouraged by people who have replied to minirunner's posting which was posted here in the Newbies section. I was seriously thinking about starting my McDougall adventure before reading the replies to Minirunner's post but the replied reconfirmed what my thoughts of going McDougall. My main reason for McDougalling is that I got sick of the weight I gained and the way I look with all the weight I am carrying around. I was McDougalling for a while several years ago and I felt great. For various reasons, I feel off the wagon :mad: and gained back all the weight I lost plus quite a bit of additional weight.

Lisa M.
Lisa M.

Postby Sunny » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:53 am

Nice to have you here. McDougalling is a great lifestyle change. We have a Saturday weigh-in that seems to be popular, I think it helps keep alot of us in check. Everyone here is helpful and friendly, it is a great support system. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby Sandie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:14 am

Welcome, Lisa M., glad you found your way here. I'm also back to McDougall after drifting away and regaining weight so I can identify with you. :)

Just take it one step at a time!
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Postby Lisa M. » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:56 am

Sandie, what made you come back to McDougalling after drifting away? How long did it take you to get used to eating the McDougall way after drifting away?

Lisa M.
Lisa M.

Postby Sandie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:05 pm

Lisa M. wrote:Sandie, what made you come back to McDougalling after drifting away? How long did it take you to get used to eating the McDougall way after drifting away?

My health is what brought me back, plain and simple! I felt so great while McDougalling and as I drifted away I started feeling the effects of eating those non McDougall approved foods. The oils and especially the dairy (I remained vegetarian) did terrible things to my health. It finally hit me one day that I hadn't felt 'good' since I started eating off plan. :eek:

So, I cleaned out the cupboards and refrigerator and got back on plan that day. As for getting used to eating the McDougall way, I didn't really have to as it's all foods I love and enjoy eating. I just try to stick with whole foods and stay clear of the processed stuff (even vegan options).
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Return to How to Begin