Working out with kids

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Working out with kids

Postby windycitychick » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:10 am

I have twins who are 7 and I've been trying to include them in my work outs to help them stay fit and also to save time. I work so it's difficult to pull time from my day to exercise alone. So far, we swim, walk, and do DDR together, but I'm wondering if anyone else had ideas about how to merge exercise and family time.
windycitychick

Postby hope101 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:14 pm

If they like dance, how about a dance class? Kids that age, especially girls, will often appreciate a hip hop dance class which can be done often in your local community league. Also toboganning, skating, swimming. When my kids were that age I had them enrolled in swimming lessons at the YMCA. While they did their swim lessons I went upstairs and worked out on the machines.
hope101

Good ideas

Postby windycitychick » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 pm

We did some sledding when we had snow, but now with the "heat wave" it's gone. I'll try the dancing. I'm trying to avoid classes at this time as they are a bit burned out on organized activities, but maybe we'll just put on some music and have a dance class of our own.
windycitychick

Return to Exercise and Fitness