TOFI body type and exercise

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

TOFI body type and exercise

Postby chrisv » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:06 am

Tofi stands for 'thin on the outside, fat on the inside.'

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/12/20/the_two_types_of_fat_--_visceral_and_subcutaneous_--_and_which_poses_the_greatest_risk_to_you.htm

This article recomends exercise equivalent to jogging 17 miles each week. What would be an equivalent amount of exercise for someone who does not jog?

I occasionaly take yoga classes, walk 1.5 miles, use an eliptical for 30 minutes, and use weight machines. Not on a regular basis at the moment.

With McDougall, my weight is OK, and my waist measurement has fallen just below the 35 inches cutoff, that is supposed to be bad for heart health. My triglyceides are high. I need to pick up the pace of my exercise, I'm not sure how much. How long does it take to jog 17 miles?
The pounds you add two-by-two
You take off one-by-one
chrisv

Postby hope101 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks for the article, chrisv. I guess it just emphasizes how we are in this for a lifetime.

Wrt the 17 miles, I have read for fat loss that walking is just as effective as running, but admittedly slower. If we walked the recommended 3 miles per day most days of the week that should take care of it.

Best wishes.
hope101

Return to Exercise and Fitness