Rebounding

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Rebounding

Postby goal140 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Are there any rebounders out there? I would like to read about your experiences with rebounding. Is rebounding worth the hype? Do any of you use it as your main exercise? What benefits have you experienced? Which ones should I look into, if I want to buy?
goal140

Re: Rebounding

Postby Joannasophia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 pm

I rebound everyday for 60 to 70 minutes. Essentially, I've used my rebounder for the last year to go for a daily run in my home to music. I have never felt better. By the end of the session, I'm feeling quite blissful and it sets me up for an energy-filled day, full of happiness and confidence. I can't recommend it highly enough. And this will give you great legs, while protecting your joints!
Joannasophia

Postby GrannyB » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Do you wear shoes on the rebounder? Is it recommended?
GrannyB

Postby Joannasophia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am

Yes, I wear relatively flat Merrell running shoes while I am rebounding.
Joannasophia

Postby Daydream » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm

I used to have a rebounder but got rid of it not too long ago before we moved out of state. The reason I got rid of it was because I wasn't using it regularly and I didn't want to pay for transporting it, otherwise I would have kept it for occasional rebounding. I prefer strength training over cardio such as rebounding. I always knew I prefer strength training over cardio but I really wanted to try rebounding in hopes I would find a new love of cardio by jumping on the trampoline. Well, it didn't happen! I still like rebounding far more than running (I'd rather take a beating than run!) but I didn't really enjoy rebounding as I hoped I would. Now, I know people who LOVE rebounding, so it really depends on your interests. The rebounder I had was a large Bellicon, which I believe is the best rebounder but there are other more affordable rebounders (like JumpSport) that are very good.

GrannyB, I always rebounded barefoot!!
Daydream

Postby GlennR » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 pm

I have one that I used for about a year but I didn't see any real results from it. I find walking works better for me.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Principality » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:36 pm

I hAve one that I enjoy jogging on but only for 20 min. I have really bad knees and this is the one thing I can do pain free. I never thought of it as my one and only tool as I like my walk aerobics vids too, but out in the country there are no sidewalks to walk or jog outside so I am really happy to have mine. I haven’t analyzed results as for me just getting in movement without pain is the only goal.
Starting weight : 240lbs, current 235.9 change -4.1
Principality

Return to Exercise and Fitness