New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby christine t. vicente » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:15 pm

:D hi. hope i can figure this thing out. i need help to do this mcdougall thing.
christine t. vicente

Postby prairiedream » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 am

Hello! Welcome to the board! :) Have you read any of Dr. McDougall's books yet? I think you'll find lots of help and friendly people here.
prairiedream

Welcome!

Postby Clary » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:29 am

Have you discovered Dr. and Mary McDougall's "free program" on the main page of the website? Here's a link:

http://drmcdougall.com/free.html

There are usually many of Dr. McDougall's books at www.half.com for as little as 75 cents, plus shipping. --and ordering two or more from the same seller cuts the postage way down. (and sometimes the cookbooks, but they usually cost a little more--but still bargains.)

And there are so many positive, generous, experienced or devoted "McDougaller's" here on this board, that are very willing to help out a sincere seeker of Dr. McDougall's program (as well as other health issues, or issues in the other forums that Dr. McDougall provides here for our use and learning and sharing.)

Hope you have great success, and find many answers here on the board, and enjoy your McDougalling adventure! :nod:
Clary

thanks

Postby christine t. vicente » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 pm

:D hey thanks folks for your help. i do have their books. i've been trying to convince myself to dive in full time, but so far i've only managed to try a few of the recipes. i'm hoping to get a boost from this fine group of mcdougallers.
christine t. vicente

Postby Doris » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:54 am

Christine,

Welcome to McDougalling!!

You mentioned that you are trying to convince yourself to simple dive in full time. Why not commit yourself to the program for 12 days. In Dr. McDougall's book The McDougall Program - 12 days to Dynamic Health he says" Twelve days is the minimum amount of time that's needed to convince you of the Program's worth." (page 13).

Some people ease into the program by just adding more McDougall meals each week. I think that may be a good idea for some. However, I knew that would not work for me. To change taste for foods takes time. The first few days may be hard, but your taste for foods will change.

So I will encourage you to take a 12 day challenge. Make it a game, try new recipes , try to McDougallize some of your own, and try to have some McDougall foods prepared for instant use.

I wish you the best,
Doris :)

(This is an update- I just read Clary's post in the lounge forum " What's your best advice" and I really like it. Give it a read! )
Doris

help for newbie

Postby christine t. vicente » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 pm

:D thanks doris. you are very encouraging and the links in clary's post are fabulous. i think i can get started now.
christine t. vicente

Return to The Sandbox