New and glad to be here!

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New and glad to be here!

Postby glo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, wondering how to add avatar? - glo
Always learning! — glo
glo

Re: New and glad to be here!

Postby glo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Oops... and wa*lah... here it.. now if I can figure how to change it. - glo
I have reduced the image for my avatar, and tried uploading it over and over...
Any suggestions?
Always learning! — glo
glo

Postby vicnval » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Just wondering about 2 things:
1) Dr McDougall has been looking very frail/ill lately, and no mention or explanation has been forthcoming. I respect privacy, but if your appearance takes a appreciable turn for the worse, there needs to be some transparency about that, otherwise, it's just like the king who had no clothes.

2) Gustavo Tolosa has disappeared from his frequent appearances with Dr. McDougall. What is up?

Love Dr McDougall, his and others like him, their philosophy on human food intake is life-saving. I know from personal experience. Thank God for him, for Dr Esselstyn, Dr Greger, Dr Fuhrman, Dr Klaper, Dr Barnard, and many others.

Sincerely,
Victor
vicnval

Me Too!

Postby John McDougall » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:59 pm

From March of 2017 until now we have had some life-changing events. Mentally and emotionally we are better off from the experiences.

In March 2017 Mary fell in a hotel room in Portand and fractured (seriously) her left acetabulum (head of her arm bone). She had the metal and screws removed in February 2018 and had almost overnight pain relief.

Oct. 2017: The wildfires of CA (Tubbs) took all of our material possessions (cars, home, etc.).

In November of 2017 ) (during post fire confusion) I fell off of a rental home porch and fractured my left femur (leg bone - not hip). I almost bled to death and suffered from acute renal (kidney) failure. I had blood transfusions and a surgical repair with a screw.

Since then we have had several minor fractures, but have otherwise recovered remarkable. We are left elderly (73 & 74) and I am somewhat more disabled than I was only from my stroke at age 18, but we are still mad as hell and fighting for you, your families, and Planet Earth until the end.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby glo » Mon May 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Dr. McDougall,
Thank you so much for explaining. I have been worried about you. I’m so glad you and your dear wife have endured and are continuing the “fight.” Take care.
Sincerely— Glo
Always learning! — glo
glo

Postby Julie Blesener » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

Thank you for letting me in! I've been a follower of Dr. McDougall for years but have not been serious enough with the occasional lapse. I know this will make me 100%!
Julie Blesener

Return to The Sandbox