Finding The Sweet Spot: Balancing Calorie Density, Nutrient

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Hunger

Postby faithslanding » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Wow!! :eek: I just found this discussion!!! Soo happy too :) This is such great info Jeff!!!! :nod:
I was actually searching for something, not sure what... because I finished my dinner of 2 huge bowls of veggie soup and 3 huge potatoes with diced tomatoes and corn.. but I was salivating an hour later.. I am not sure why, but maybe I ate too much low calorie foods instead of more starches?? And now it is sooo late at night. I am not sure if it is wise to eat some apples or more taters...or just go to bed... hungry? I know I am not really hungry right? But why am I salivating???? Is there a explanation for that??? I have always had a huge appetite, and overly active taste buds :lol:
Still trying to figure this whole way~o~eating.. I don't ever wanna restrict my cals and then be tired and super hungry the next day.. I want to keep this healthy/energetic balance I have. I am not hungry in the morn, not at all really, until noon, but then once I start I can't stop the rest of the day :duh: ... It's like I don't know when I am satisfied... I am staying slim though, aside from my huge tummy after eating :oops: sometimes I wonder if I should just try and eat as much as I want or can for a week and see what happens... Anyone ever do that??? Like the 20 potatoes a day guy!?! I also don't want to be wasting food (shoving it down my gullet). Anyone here overeat on starches?? :roll: sorry, I know this post doesn't really belong here :shock:
faithslanding

Postby Denise » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:00 pm

This is great...a good refresh and easy to understand...I've already shared with important folks in my life that I'm coaxing to this WOE!

Cheers

PS I 2nd the suggestion to post as permanent sticky as important easy to find info.
Denise

Postby hastings » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 pm

The explanation you give in your first post on this thread is absolutely brilliant and would make for an excellent article. I'm sharing this thread with others.
hastings

Re: Finding The Sweet Spot: Balancing Calorie Density, Nutri

Postby bevan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:48 am

The 50/50 plate is amazingly helpful. It explains why I always felt hungry doing "Eat to Live"...I improved my health...no doubt but was hungry and fatigued...following the Starch Solution I have energy I am unable to fully describe and I eat and am satisfied. Thanks for this explanation to "tweak" the fine details. I love the science and you are a great teacher and communicator.
bevan

Previous

Return to Jeff Novick, RD