that road to success!

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

that road to success!

Postby landog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi Jeff,

You recently mentioned your article The Road to Success: Creating Healthy Habits. I've read it before, thanks for mentioning it because it was good to read it again.

I had to laugh because of the example you gave: "You go to the 10-Day program and learn that going for a 30-minute brisk walk each day is good for you and will help in many ways. You also learn about the benefits of simple foods, such as oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast, and you hear me, Mary, John, Anthony, Doug, Heather, etc. all say, sure, you can just have a bowl of oatmeal and berries for breakfast every day and be fine."

That is precisely my experience.

I went to the 10 Day program in June of 2018. Prior to that, I was always an oatmeal hater and I wasn't fond of blueberries, either. At the 10 day, I tried the steel cut oats with blueberries. I remember sending a picture to my wife, knowing that she'd be shocked to see what I was having for breakfast.

I now eat steel cut oats daily for breakfast. With blueberries 95% of the time (occasionally with strawberries). If I got nothing else out of the 10 Day, at least I got one good healthy habit covering 1/3 of my meals!

Thanks!
-dog
landog

Return to Jeff Novick, RD