Turkey on Thanksgiving

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Turkey on Thanksgiving

Postby hallelujahgirl » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:49 am

I just heard a Vegan U-Tuber, who follows Dr. Mcdougall say that Dr. Mcdougall said he eats turkey on Thanksgiving only. When and where did he say that. I find it hard to believe.

Thanks,

Carol
hallelujahgirl

Re: Turkey on Thanksgiving

Postby Cihong » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:38 pm

”Vegan,” “Plant-Based,” “Starchivore”: What Do You Call Yourself?

Dr. John McDougall: "Don’t call me a 'vegetarian' or a 'vegan doctor,' even though, for all practical purposes, I am one. To avoid misnomers, I claim to eat a thinly sliced two-inch-square piece of turkey every other Thanksgiving. Whether or not this is true, or on which Thanksgiving I eat this ceremonious bird, I will never reveal. Until the day comes when thin vegans out number the fat ones, the turkey and I will continue our biannual sacrifice.

"Avoiding meat (vegetarian) or all animal foods and products (vegan) is not necessarily healthful. Cakes, candies, cookies, French fries, pies, and potato chips can all qualify as vegan. Painlessly, one can become an ethical vegan, overnight, by replacing beef with soy burgers or mozzarella with soy cheese. All four of these foods are high in fat and/or protein and none contains the health-supporting ingredients that are required for strength, good looks, and longevity."

Read more: https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/apr/careful.htm
Cut the C.R.A.P. (Calorie-Rich and Processed) and Get a Life! :) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=57638

Jeff's Top Tipshttps://bit.ly/2X6whaJ
Cihong

Return to Jeff Novick, RD