Harvard Chan school on seed oils

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Harvard Chan school on seed oils

Postby vman » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:31 pm

This article is constantly thrown at me as evidence that I am crazy for avoiding oils. I looked into their research, and most of it is the same old comparing oils to animal saturated fat, or the old “filtered cigarettes are healthier than unfiltered”—therefore filtered are healthy. I’d say in the world at large, the pro oil forces of darkness have won the people’s hearts and minds by a landslide. Even the vegan world lives on the altar of healthy fats now. I wish somebody would put a stake in this stuff because it’s the one belief that makes it almost impossible to eat in any restaurant or buy any prepared food. Getting people to eat plants is one thing, but if the oil war is lost to the degree it is now, I don’t see much hope for wfpb ever really succeeding at scale. The oil debate needs a definitive knock out blow, which has yet to be delivered. Is there any hope of new better defined research in this area?
vman

Return to Jeff Novick, RD