Something useful

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Something useful

Postby seestorcoo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:07 am

This isn't a question to Jeff but is about nutrition info so I thought it might go well here. There is a website called nutritiondata.com that I have used many times as I'm made my McDougall way - it breaks food down into the eensiest little nutritional facts - not just how much protein but how much of each amino acid, etc. And its full of charts and graphs to help illustrate how nutritious each food is. I found it invaluable when I first started McDougalling - it really helped illustrate to me how thin crust vegie pizza isn't the same as a plate of vegetables. I don't really know who runs it but I first encountered it as a CD in my nutrition class and then later found the online version. You can even put in a menu for the day and see how many of the necessary nutrients it provides.

Anyway, thought ya'll might like it.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby gabagirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 am

I just quickly checked out the site...thanks! It looks interesting and helpful.
gabagirl

Postby JeffN » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:05 am

NutritionData.com is an excellent site as the custom search tool allows you to search foods and food groups based on nutrient density for specific nutrients.

I describe the process of how to do that here

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic ... ritiondata

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD