weight gain and binging

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

weight gain and binging

Postby catalina1 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am

jeff - hi again - recently , i have seen alot of people writing in about overconsuming foods, sometimes good food , but usually bad foods. of course , most of them are in the transitional stages and it is at first difficult to conform to the mcdougall way of eating , 90 - 100% of the time . i do , however , remember reading an article very recently by mcdougall where he stated that how fast we eat also determines how much weight we lose. in other words , our stomachs are filled after 20 minutes of eating but if we eat fast , we tend to consume more calories. this fast eating pattern is usually present in high achieving individuals. my question to you then , is how does one train him/herself to slow down their eating speeds after eating this way for decades ? : :oops:
catalina1

weight gain and binging

Postby catalina1 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 am

jeff - sorry but ijust realized that starchcurious had written to u on this same topic . only difference is that i saw it written by mcdougall sorry
catalina1

Return to Jeff Novick, RD