Resources

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Resources

Postby Kellyh101 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:06 pm

I've been following the McDougall program for several years.
My daughter is now expressing interest in raising her 11 month old baby on a vegetarian plan.
She is a doctor, so I would like to find some good resources for her to feel comfortable raising her child this way.
Are there any good books or articles you can recommend to her?
Kellyh101

Re: Resources

Postby Gamehen1 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 am

PCRM.org has some great resources. You could point her to that site, the search engne is good and you can look up many topics. There is also a nutrition booklet "Nutrition for Kids" that you can purchase. Smallest lot that you can buy is 5 for $3.50. It is a good resource. I actually have one copy left from a workshop I did at my church. If you want to send me your address privately, I can send it to you.
Gamehen1

Postby JeffN » Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 am

Kellyh101 wrote:I've been following the McDougall program for several years.
My daughter is now expressing interest in raising her 11 month old baby on a vegetarian plan.
She is a doctor, so I would like to find some good resources for her to feel comfortable raising her child this way.
Are there any good books or articles you can recommend to her?

Diet, Children, and the Future
John McDougall, MD
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2012nl ... ildren.htm

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Kellyh101 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks so much!! They both are great resources I sent them both to my daughter. The booklet I was able to download & email it to her.
I saved a copy for myself so hopefully I have an opportunity to share with others. Thanks again
Kelly
Kellyh101

Return to Family and Children