Simplest Oatmeal Pancakes

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Simplest Oatmeal Pancakes

Postby KatherineUK » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:46 am

stoumi wrote:Made this simple recipe this morning. I enjoyed them, my son wanted "plain" pancakes, which I wasn't going to make. Not sure why he didn't want them, maybe the banana, which seems odd since he likes bananas. The wife had a few but no real review from her. Nonetheless, they looked, smelled and tasted good. Thanks!

Hmm think I will try this tonight

Thanks

K :nod:
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby KatherineUK » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

stoumi wrote:Made this simple recipe this morning. I enjoyed them, my son wanted "plain" pancakes, which I wasn't going to make. Not sure why he didn't want them, maybe the banana, which seems odd since he likes bananas. The wife had a few but no real review from her. Nonetheless, they looked, smelled and tasted good. Thanks!

You must have willpower Steve - I just ate mine straight from the pan

:)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

KatherineUK

Postby moonwatcher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Hah! you made me laugh, Katherine! I didn't eat that many, but I did eat four this morning, along with a big plate of mary McDougall's hash browns, so maybe that equals 9??!! :lol:

moonwatcher
Please join me at my new blog Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle

http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby KatherineUK » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:19 am

moonwatcher wrote:Hah! you made me laugh, Katherine! I didn't eat that many, but I did eat four this morning, along with a big plate of mary McDougall's hash browns, so maybe that equals 9??!! :lol:

moonwatcher

I did make a half portion moonwatcher - but I'll be making double tonight as my partner who usually isn't that crazy about vegan liked the sound of them ... stands back in amazement ...

I'll report back

:-)

KatherineUK

Postby kate68 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:35 am

These look really good, but I don't have a non-stick griddle or pan (have a bird in the house and don't want to take that risk). Am I correct in assuming they will just stick and become a mess if I use a plain stainless steel frying pan?
kate68

Postby FruityGirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:47 am

Hi Kate68~

You know, that's a good question, I don't have the answer for unfortunately..I use a griddle myself.
You could try a non-stick spray and keep the pancakes much smaller like silver-dollar size.
Maybe the other ladies can weigh-in with some good advice.

~K
FruityGirl

Postby SunshineDay » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

These work geat in the waffle iron as well....
SunshineDay

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:53 am

Another idea would be to add a little ground flax seed to the batter. Like a tablespoon or less. Per pancake that's not a whole lot. Lots of us would put a comparable amount on a bowl of oatmeal. I use it in a buckwheat pancake recipe, and it really helps the batter adhere to itself rather than to the pan. Haven't tried it on a stainless steel pan though, since I don't have one.

Someone who uses seasoned cast iron might be able to weigh in as well.

moonwatcher
Please join me at my new blog Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle

http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby stoumi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I put my batter in a non-stick pan and had no problems flipping them.
stoumi

Postby kate68 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I might just try it to see what happens. If it doesn't work in my pan, I'll have to save it for when I'm visiting someone with non-stick cooking ware.
kate68

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning