McDougall Cooking Challange

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Sandie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:09 am

Thanks everyone, I am enjoying this a lot!

I had my leftovers for lunch the other day and I added some spinach and white beans and it was sooooo yummy! This is a recipe that I will make again.
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Fast Hearty Vegetable Soup

Postby VegMum » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:06 am

Hello! I'm not new to McDougalling, but am new to posting. I've gained much insight from the old board, so I followed over here and decided to join in on this Challenge.

We don't make a lot of soups in my house, especially vegetable soups, but I thought I would give it a try. I chose the one out of the McDougall Program for Women. I didn't change it much, but did add soybean instead of green beans, as that is what was in my freezer. It went over as well as I expected for my bunch, but my vegan daughter and I liked it. The morning after I made it, I realized I had forgotten to add the final touch of cornstarch and water. We didn't even need it. I guess that would have made a thicker soup, but it was yummy without it. I think it even tasted better the next day - the way it is with most soups.

Thanks for posting this challenge!
VegMum
VegMum

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning