What new food have you tried recently?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

What new food have you tried recently?

Postby havfaith » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:03 pm

I'm attempting to braoden my horizons by trying new foods I've never had before. Today I had gold nugget squash for the first time. Yum! :-D I apparentlt didn't poke the holes deep enough before nuking it though and it redecorated the inside of my microwave a bit. :smirk: I'll do better next time.

I also have a spaghetti squash (have had that before and love it!) and an orangetti spaghetti squash to try out next. :-D

So what have you tried that you've never tried before? Did you like it?
havfaith

Calabaza Squash

Postby S B » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:54 pm

My most recent new food was calabaza squash. It is sort of like a pumkin crossed with a butternut squash.

They come in different sizes, but most are rather large.

Their flesh is sweeter than pumpkin flesh and (in my opinion) is DELICIOUS baked and eaten with NOTHING on it, so any spices you add to it would make it even more delicious!
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning