Silicone scraper/spatula-my latest find

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Silicone scraper/spatula-my latest find

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:31 am

Just got one of these and am very impressed. I have been baking my own sourdough bread lately and loving the chemistry experiments. I have a couple scrapers, one stainless steel rectangle w/ semi-sharp edge and one small hard plastic one that is just ok for small bowls. But I was being frustrated getting larger amounts of bread dough out of bowls and also for the occasional potluck dessert that calls for soft stuff to be transferred from a bowl. This this is built to last, same stuff as the flexi spatulas etc but has steel core so much stronger. A little flex at edges but stiff overall with a round ridge in center for easy hand grip. Outer edge has variable curve and a recurve section so works in very large to fairly small bowls and also inside and outside parts of spoons. Has a straight edge too so now it is my go to for pushing chopped veg from cutting board to pot or bowl without scraping off my oiled finish. Great price too. I got a "used" one for $7.00 and it looked brand new.

iSi North America B10001 Silicone Scraper Spatula, Red
GeoffreyLevens

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning