Your recommendation for all you can eat 'wrap'?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Your recommendation for all you can eat 'wrap'?

Postby Hal » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:38 pm

I've never made wraps much because the oil free ones i have tried fall to pieces. Is there a home made 'wrap' recipe that works for you, and what do you like to fill your wraps with? Thanks, all. :)
Hal

Re: Your recommendation for all you can eat 'wrap'?

Postby calvin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:01 pm

I buy the biggest widest mustard greens leaves (the fat free ones - well, almost :roll: ) to wrap mine. I don't bother to steam them.
calvin

Postby Hal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:56 pm

Ahhh. Thanks, Calvin. So you don't use a 'pasta' wrap at all, just a big leaf? Is that because a no-oil, no-crumble wheat wrap is not workable? High carb wrap is fine for me.
Hal

Postby calvin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Use mustard green wrap(s) on the outside, over whatever misbehaved starchy wrap(s) you have. Chinese cabbage (aka Napa) also has big leaves, works well, keeps well, is crispy, tasty, and cheap (for any who aspire to eating on the recently touted $10/week - which turned out to be $20/week...no wait...actually $30/week - color me skeptical but, hey, good luck with that!).
calvin

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning