Shopping for mini-fridge for POTATOS

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Shopping for mini-fridge for POTATOS

Postby MINNIE » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:32 am

I don't know why it took my so long to think of this!

Ever since I started the McDougall WOE, I have been a big consumer of potatoes. Storing them has been a challenge, since I never seemed to find the right temperature and darkness to keep large amounts from sprouting or going bad.

I used to just keep them in the fridge, but some say that reduces their quality, and the temperature is not adjustable for the shelf with all the potatoes :).

This isn't a huge problem in decent weather , because I am walking distance from a grocery store and buy potatoes as needed. But this year's horrible arctic February weather made that kind of an ordeal.

So it finally occurred to me that I could just buy a small fridge and set it to an ideal potato-keeping temperature. I wouldn't be using it for anything else, just a big sack of potatoes.

So, if anyone has recently bought a mini fridge and has a brand or model they would/wouldn't recommend, please let me know.
MINNIE

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning