RETURN OF HARVEST BAKE

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

RETURN OF HARVEST BAKE

Postby MINNIE » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:12 pm

This simple recipe for a hearty winter holiday (or everyday) meal was originally posted by Elizabeth TeSelle. I have made this many times and still love it.
It's cheap, easy to make and delicious. I made a batch for dinner yesterday, had some for with brown rice for breakfast this morning,will eat the rest of dinner this evening :) .

Here is her original post:

https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... rvest+bake

You can customize this by adding any vegetable you want that has a compatible cooking time, or subtracting ones you don't care for.

(I like to add cauliflower or chunks of winter squash, and leave out the parsnips).

Happy starchy)holidays, whichever you choose to celebrate, to all!
MINNIE

Re: RETURN OF HARVEST BAKE

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:50 pm

MINNIE wrote:This simple recipe for a hearty winter holiday (or everyday) meal was originally posted by Elizabeth TeSelle. I have made this many times and still love it.
It's cheap, easy to make and delicious. I made a batch for dinner yesterday, had some for with brown rice for breakfast this morning,will eat the rest of dinner this evening :) .

Here is her original post:

https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... rvest+bake

You can customize this by adding any vegetable you want that has a compatible cooking time, or subtracting ones you don't care for.

(I like to add cauliflower or chunks of winter squash, and leave out the parsnips).

Happy starchy)holidays, whichever you choose to celebrate, to all!

Thanks, Minnie for sharing this!!! I am definitely going to make this over the next week. I have (conveniently) a bag of frozen "root vegetables" that I will defrost and add to!!! :)
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:07 pm

I love it that my Harvest Bake still lives! Once it gets cold I start craving it and buying every root veggie in the produce section. :-)

Thanks, Minnie! :-)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby QubitBob » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:23 pm

I have not made this dish yet. I went back and read the original discussion thread, and saw that some people adapted the recipe for the Instant Pot. For those who have made this in the Instant Pot, do you use a steamer basket or just layer the vegetables directly in the pot? Thanks.
QubitBob

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning