? No nutrition information with recipes ?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

? No nutrition information with recipes ?

Postby JCTB » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:55 pm

In my initial browsing through the FOK website, I don't see nutrition information accompanying recipes. Am I just missing a link to it somewhere or is this information not provided for recipes? I track sodium closely. Thanks.
JCTB

Re: ? No nutrition information with recipes ?

Postby Vegankit » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:47 pm

FOK website is the best place to answer a question regarding the recipes they post.

In general the nutritional information is just a rough estimate. Choices you make when following a recipe can made a huge difference. For example if the recipe is based on salt free canned tomatoes and you use canned with salt the sodium numbers will be wrong. I believe some websites have made the decision not to post nutritional information because of this problem.

There are websites where you can enter the recipe and generate your own information.

Personally I’m very sensitive to sodium and I don’t use the information provided with recipes. I follow Jeff Novick’s recommendation.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning