My product and recipe reviews

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My product and recipe reviews

Postby SilverMtns » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:05 pm

I don't have a website or a blog, so I hope it's all right if I keep a list of my favorite McDougally products and recipes here. I think it will provide me with inspiration when I am wondering what to eat.
SilverMtns

Salmas Horneadas

Postby SilverMtns » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Salmas horneadas are basically baked tortilla chips with the shape of a cracker. Just corn, salt, and B vitamins. They have totally replaced chips in my diet. Love them. Very good with pico de gallo or fruit salsa. And not fried, so they're not so tempting that I binge on them. I used to be able to find them in Costco, but they come and go there, so this time I bought them on Amazon.
SilverMtns

Forks Meal Planner recipes

Postby SilverMtns » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:11 pm

I think I'll put all the Forks recipes here with brief reviews. No sense filling up the thread with things most people won't have access to.

:thumbsup: Fruit and vegetable ceviche: SO good. like mango salsa, but with more veggies. I thought it would need salt, but it didn't. I did add more cilantro than the recipe said, but oh, my, this is SO GOOD.

Cabbage roll soup: Good, but not super exciting. Basically a tomato/vegetable soup with plenty of cabbage. Good, though.

Bean and corn quesadillas: Not a quesadilla in any sense, and I already know how to mix beans, rice, corn, and veggies together to make a bean taco. Meh.
SilverMtns

VeganBurgers

Postby SilverMtns » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 am

Woot had a sale on a four-pack of VeganBurger mix, so I went for it. today I tried the B. B. and Ohh! flavor -- basically a black bean patty with some oats and olives. Bland but fine, and while I ate it without a bun today, it would be fine as a generic patty in a burger with all the trimmings. (Probably obvious that I fried it in a dry nonstick skillet -- I also fixed up the patties in the morning and stored them between parchment in the fridge until lunchtime. Took about 5 minutes on each side to cook them up and they are fine.
SilverMtns

Re: VeganBurgers

Postby Daydream » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:22 pm

SilverMtns wrote:Woot had a sale on a four-pack of VeganBurger mix, so I went for it. today I tried the B. B. and Ohh! flavor -- basically a black bean patty with some oats and olives.

SilverMtns, I had not heard about B.B. & Ohh Vegan Burger Mix. It sounds convenient and the one you chose does not have oil in it. Thank you for sharing!
Daydream

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning