fave finger food to make people love me pls

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

fave finger food to make people love me pls

Postby KatherineUK » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:08 pm

The work Xmas party is coming up. I want some fave sure-fire go-to winners in the finger food category. My falafals always used to crumble! What was I doing wrong? How to stop this ??? Help!

Kx
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Re: fave finger food to make people love me pls

Postby KatherineUK » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:16 pm

maybe sushi????? could put thinly sliced dill pickle in it to make it more exciting. any other suggestions for possible sushi ingredients?
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:00 pm

For sushi vegetables I like a combination of cucumber, carrot, green onion and jalapeño chili. Gotta try a pickle.

I like to share black bean brownies. Also peanut butter and jelly sandwich bites, home made whole wheat bread, home made berry jelly, and peanut butter. Kid friendly too.
michaelswarm

Postby Ejeff » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:15 am

Falafels are a great idea for finger food. Perhaps yours crumble because they need a bit more moisture in the mixture. This is the recipe I use and I serve with a spicy tahini lemon sauce. They are always a big hit. Very easy to make as it all just goes into the food processor. The key is to add a bit of water until it’s forms a mostly smooth ball of dough. I bake for 20 minutes maybe even 25 at 350, flipping halfway through. I flatten the balls into little discs before baking. They don’t crumble.

1.5 cup chickpeas (255g) cooked chickpeas or one 15 ounce can rinsed and drained
1/2 cup (20g) loosely packed fresh cilantro (or mixture of parsley and cilantro)
1/4 medium red onion chopped
2 to 3 garlic cloves
Juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons chickpea flour
1.5 teaspoons dried dill
1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast, optional
Several dashes of pepper
Salt to taste

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning