Squash Cake

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Squash Cake

Postby michaelswarm » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:29 pm

My little girl Violet made this today with me. A few days ago we bought and cooked some long neck squash, very much like butternut squash, cooked and refrigerated the leftovers. Some modifications to my standard pumpkin squares recipe, which I use with either pumpkin, squash or sweet potato. It was so good I needed to record the recipe.

PREPARATION
- Roasted Squash

DRY
- 3 cup oat flour (grind in dry blender)
- 2 tsp baking soda

DRY SPICES
- 2 tsp cinnamon

WET
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 med apple, chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 lemon, juice

WET SPICES
- 2 thin slices ginger, choped (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract

MAIN
- 3 cups roasted squash

INSTRUCTIONS
In high speed blender turn dry oats into oat flour. Add baking soda and dry spices. In standard blender, blend pitted dates, chopped apple, chopped ginger, wet spices, almond milk and lemon juice. In food processor, blend cooked squash into smooth puree. Then add add wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour mixture out into parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake preheaded oven 350F for 45m. Remove and cool.

TIPS
- Chop and blend the ginger with the wet ingredients.
- Vanilla is another of Mexico’s gifts to the world. The origin of vanilla domestication is Mexico.
michaelswarm

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning