Master Index for all McDougall cookbooks?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Master Index for all McDougall cookbooks?

Postby NancyG » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:04 am

Does anyone have a master index for all the McDougall cookbooks? I have 4 books (plus a Dr. Mirkin & PCRM book) and find I have to leaf through each one when looking for a recipe. Just wondering if anyone had combined them all into one list.
NancyG

Postby Sher » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:53 pm

This would be handy!! Maybe one day.....

Sher
Sher

Postby DK » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:18 pm

The Maximum Weight Loss book includes a lists of all MWL recipes from all the cookbooks. It's not quite a real master index (no page numbers, and recipes are sorted by book rather than in one long alphabetical list), but it does come in handy. You could photocopy or scan all the indexes (including from the other books you mention) to keep them all together.
DK

Postby NancyG » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:38 am

Maybe I'll make it my winter project. I was thinking of getting the other McDougall books anyways, especially the Quick & Easy. The scanner is a good idea, thanks!
NancyG

Postby Sher » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:30 am

Speaking of scanning....does anyone know if those scanner "pens" work well? I read a review years ago about them, that there were a lot of errors, but I figure now the technology has probably improved.

I want ALL my McDougall recipes in one place, and I know if I type them, it will take forever, and I will give up. I have been using the Living Cookbook software,and really like it. During my trial, I have used The McDougall Newsletter recipes as my project. So far, I have got all the recipes from 2006 entered, and now have 3 or 4 months of 2005 entered. I used to read on the old board about people recommending such-and-such recipe from the so-and-so Newsletter....I would never get around to trying them by the time I hunted it down. These are all going into an easy referenced binder. I like having my recipes on the computer where I can easily print them out; but I really love to sit back with a cookbook in my lap, and BROWSE the old-fashioned way. :)

I haven't tried it yet, but am hoping I will be able to search the software by the Source-I have entered the month/year of what Newsletter the recipe came from, plus the author. I have been bad in the past to not record where I copied recipes from, and years later when I look at the print out, I sure don't remember, and wish I did.

Sher
Sher

I wonder if the McDougalls would do a compiled e-cookbook?

Postby Anne » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:08 pm

It seems like they could sell an ebook compilation of all the cookbooks with a combined index fairly easily since they have the cookbooks in ebook form already. I'd be happy to pay for something like that just for the convenience.
Anne in the northcountry
Anne

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning