jmgoforth -- VERY EASY recipe for succotash!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

jmgoforth -- VERY EASY recipe for succotash!

Postby S B » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:52 pm

When you said "think about your husbands" I said, "OH MY GOODNESS! If he is like my husband then he is almost helpless in the kitchen!" BUT I doubt you are THAT helpless! :D

Anyway, I do not have a recipe for succotash. It is a little different every time I throw it together -- I just add a little of this and a little of that until it tastes good.

However, if you use Mrs. McDougall's “Speedy International Stew” recipe from "The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook" as a BASIS, you should have no trouble making it!

FOR SUCCOTASH......
Substitute lima beans (frozen are best) for the canned black beans. Also, frozen whole corn kernels taste better than canned corn.

Speedy International Stew

2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes (seasoned with either Italian, Mexican, or Cajun seasonings)
1 (15 oz.) can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 (16 oz.) can of corn kernels (drained and rinsed)

Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes (or so), stirring occasionally. Makes 4 servings.

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!!!
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

To clarify

Postby S B » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm

To clarify....

Some canned stewed tomatoes come with seasonings all in them. Therefore, you do NOT have to add the Italian, Mexican, or Cajun seasonings to them.

Good luck!
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning