Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page

Postby absgirl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 pm

fulenn

just wonderin here.......

my mothers daughter was a teacher. she said she always cringed when readin a email from me cus my punctuation and slang. now i feel funny when i have to write a note to my kids teacher............do u flip out over my mis punctuation and slang?

i really want u to think about adopting a poochie!
ABSgirl
I have MS but it doesnt have me
GOD HAS A PLAN
my journal==I THINK I CAN DO THIS the journey leading to this point is on page 3
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31040&start=30
absgirl

Postby fulenn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 pm

absgirl wrote:fulenn

just wonderin here.......

my mothers daughter was a teacher. she said she always cringed when readin a email from me cus my punctuation and slang. now i feel funny when i have to write a note to my kids teacher............do u flip out over my mis punctuation and slang?

i really want u to think about adopting a poochie!

No, I don't flip out. To me, writing is a way to share who we are and what we want to communicate with each other; your slang and relaxed punctuation share a lot about who you are. I have a picture in my mind of who you are, though of course I don't know how accurate it is. I see a woman who is relaxed, makes people feel at home, loves life, and loves poochies. :D In my minds eye, your hair is long and tangled from running across fields with your children, you wear cotton dresses or blue jeans and t-shirts, and I imagine your family rolling around with the dog having a tickling contest. Your house is cluttered, but not dirty. Do you hang laundry on the line outside? All that and I don't even know you!

Don't worry about your writing. But please keep sharing.

I did have a black labrador named Max, almost 9 years ago. When we moved into town, he had a hard time living in such a small space, so we found a 12 year old boy who was an only child and needed a friend. Max went to live with him. I do have some friends though: Coco is a black cat who has decided to stay with us. He lives outside except when the weather is extreme, then he will allow us to bring him inside. He lays on my lap, asks to be pet or fed treats when he needs more attention, and is a sweet creature. Anya is my classroom bunny. She is very soft and loves to cuddle on the couch. She is getting bored this summer and I think is looking forward to seeing the children in my classes again. Then there is Curie, the cockatiel. When we were in Colorado this summer, I would call my husband and have him take his phone to the birds cage. He would hold up the video phone so the bird could see me and we would talk. It was really cute and Curie was so excited to see us when we got home. I get greeted every day by him.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby absgirl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 pm

fulenn wrote:
absgirl wrote:fulenn

I see a woman who is relaxed, makes people feel at home, loves life, and loves poochies. :D In my minds eye, your hair is long and tangled from running across fields with your children, you wear cotton dresses or blue jeans and t-shirts, and I imagine your family rolling around with the dog having a tickling contest. Your house is cluttered, but not dirty. Do you hang laundry on the line outside? All that and I don't even know you!

wow ur good!
yes long hair tangled most days! blue jeans n t shirts is all me except when im lounging at home then its usually t shirts n panties lol yes laundry hangs out back and we roll with our poochies all the time. dinner is seldom ate at the table...usually picnic style on the floor or on my bed even...a pooch is always close by for a nibble. its cluttered but not dirty true..im ocd about the bathroom [ i usually clean it before m first cup of joe] and dirty dishes and vacuum the floor twice a day. thank goodness my girls help.

im so glad u have furrys and feathers to love on...there is nothing greater than their love.
ABSgirl
GOD HAS A PLAN
my journal==I THINK I CAN DO THIS the journey leading to this point is on page 3
absgirl

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

fulenn,

Thanks for the link to the McDougall talk. I enjoyed it. Classic McDougall. :) It will be interesting to hear more about the MS study when it's done.

I loved what you wrote back to ABSgirl here. Now it's my turn to tell you what a good teacher you are. Also loved hearing about your critters. The image of you and your cockatiel seeing and talking to each other on the phone brought a big smile to my face.

ABSgirl, I hang my clothes out on the line too. Love doing that. :)

fulenn, glad you had such a good day, except for, you know. That made me smile, too. You're doing great. Glad your classroom prep is shaping up nicely. Does the bunny ever come with you and supervise? :)

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, too.

moonwatcher
Please join me at my new blog Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle

http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby never give up » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am

Thank you for the link to the McDougall talk. I have been hungry to hear news that will help us tweek our diets.

fulenn I loved your minds eye picture of absgirl because that is very close to what she looks like to me in my own mind. :)

Have a great day everyone
never give up

Postby absgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

now in my head i can see u talkin on the phone to ur feathered family.....i used to call home n leave messages on the machine [ did i just date myself...who remembers answering machines?]
for my kitty. now when i go on vacation out of town i have a sitter for my poochies n house, i call home to talk to them.......if i ever call home to talk to the fishes now, then it will be time to check me in some where haha.

however if u call my house now u get the voice mail that says uve reach aaron daphni alex lena trucker rosie and rilley........is there something wrong w me? i wonder if rosie gets upset cus nobody ever leaves her a message......i tell the 4 leggeds that they r lucky no bill collectors call for them. next time one calls ill hand the phone to trucker...........

what a great happy day! i really enjoy these talks.....
moonwatcher is the popcorn ready yet?
never give up r u in ur jammies too?

i picture all of us sitting around the living room with goop on our faces n rollers in our hair munchin on taters n avocados....tossing pillows at each other n talkin bout boys while we play in our make up trying to decide what to wear the next day......fulenn keeps textin me even tho she sits across the room from me and i keep gettin hit w flyin avocados n grapes.....moonwatcher just mooned all of us and never give up its ur party why r u cryin? oh im sorry i didnt realize fulenn gave u papers to grade and u lost ur red pen....just give them back to her and tell her everybody got 100% dry ur eyes and get the cucumber out of ur mouth n put it on ur eyes...it will take the burn out from the moon we just got ......lmbo

yeah u see its one of those kinda days....lol
ABSgirl
GOD HAS A PLAN
absgirl

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 am

OMG ABSgirl, thanks, I laughed out loud while reading this!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nearly spit a mouthful of oats and fruit onto the computer screen!

moonwatcher

ps: and by the way, I just got rid of my answering machine THIS SUMMER. :eek: :lol: Still pulling myself into the 21st century. . .. :-)

Thanks again for the great images and great laugh :-)

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby fulenn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 pm

You are all too funny! :lol: :lol: I guess in a couple of years, one of us will have to win the lottery and then we can go on the McDougall Peru trip together--winner pays, of course.

Today was good, just getting busy. The girls are beginning to write down what meals they want us to fix over the weekend and the oldest found an orzo, cherry tomato, asparagus, and I think she said broccoli salad that she wants to try. So there's one meals down. The cooking over the weekend has really made a difference so far this week.

I slept in this morning--did not get up until 10:00, but in fairness to me, I did not go to bed until 3. So I didn't get extra sleep, but I did get that I-slept-in feeling. No nap, really short time on the bike but at a higher intensity than I have done before, good on food. Today I ate watermelon, couscous salad, potato adobo over rice, mushroom and rice burger without the bun, and eggless egg salad and kale on a slice of whole wheat toast. I'm going to miss it when watermelon season is over.

Symptoms still seem the same.

I had an answering machine until this past December, when we switched from a land line to cell phones. :) I promise that I am very much in this century and so are you. As a computer expert, I can advise you to keep your food in your mouth and not on your computer screen. lol

never give up, I want every scrap of MS information I can get from Dr. McDougall, too. I think he said on that broadcast that it would be 6-9 more months before they will publish the results. Too long for me.

Fulenn

P.S. I hang as much of my laundry out on the line, too, especially sheets and towels. I love how they smell on the bed!

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm

fulenn,

ou had me laughing out loud again. Thanks for the technical advice about my computer screen. :lol: Luckily this time I was not eating and reading at the same time. :lol:

Sounds like you had good eats today, and a good day. I know about that slept in feeling. It was hot here nearly all night last night, so sleep was fitful until early morning. I did get a nap though.

Cool you hang laundry out too. My favorite is to hang pillow cases near my pear tree when it's blossoming. Or my pjs. Oh do they smell good then. :)

Cooking weekends for a busy week is a wonderuf strategy. And so nice to hear your girls are getting in on it too.

If these are nosy questions you don't have to answer. I was wondering, though, about the psychology of what you were telling yourself that let you put that salami into your mouth. It's been so long since I've had anything like that that I'm just curious.

Another thing I'm curious about is if you ever have gone to any Engine 2 community plant strong pot lucks. I may be making this up, but it seems like I've read or seen on some video that they have those in Austin?

Okay, nosy questions done. Feel free to ignore. Or send me off to Peru on my own McDougall adventure, no expenses paid. :-) Don't stay up till 3 answering, either, if you are tired. Get some sleep! :-)

xo

moonwatcher

moonwatcher

Postby fulenn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:57 pm

moonwatcher,

I don't know what my problem is with the salami. I got stupid? I wonder if I have really accepted that this is a way of life and not just a way to get better. Do you know what I mean? I used to really like salami, I know, ick, but I did, and I was thinking that I would just taste it. It's like I'm not losing my taste memory for other foods, now not being eaten, even when I am developing new memories for healthier foods. I just need to do my best to stay away from those things and need to make a plan to have something at faculty meetings, etc., so this does not become a new bad habit.

I have not gone to a small Engine 2 potluck, but Rip Esselstyn has held vegan potlucks at his house for years. He organized one to introduce his book at Whole Foods about 2 years ago, I think, and his mom and T. Colin Campbell came, along with the Whole Foods crowd, for a giant potluck. It was really nice. I haven't really looked for another one since I don't have a lot of free time on my hands.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks fulenn, for your thougtful answers. I do know what you mean when you wonder if you really have accepted this is a way of life and not just a way to get better. That makes sense to me. I saw it would have to be a way of life for me to really work. And I wasn't that far away from it, really, in comparison to SAD, but still, these adjustments made all the difference. No need to apologize for liking salami, I am half Italian and have had my share growing up. A salami sandwich was one of my Dad's favorites. A salami sandwich even made an appearance in what I wrote for his memorial. :)

Thanks for telling me about the potlucks. I was just wondering if squeezing in something like that would be supportive to this as a way of life rather than just a way to get better. I like how you put that. And geez, i guess I'd just want to go to get a look at him! His Mom seems really cool, too. Well, they all do. Some of the things she wrote in the recipe section of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease about adjusting to foods and tastes have really turned out to be so true for me. And I think it is her tip (from the Engine 2 site) that grape are good in oatmeal. Sounds strange but they really are.

However, I understand that you are really busy. It's cool you got to go to the big one, though. And good luck at the faculty pot lucks. Hope your colleague that was interested brings something you can eat!

moonwatcher

moonwatcher

Postby absgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 pm

fulenn

im so glad u ate the salami...now i dont feel bad at all over the pepsi or the frappe'

to me...even tho its been a very short time on this woe...eating or wantin to,something we used to like is kinda like goin back home to "visit"...its where u grew up...a nice place to visit but u really dont wanna live there now. or runnin in to a old friend u had in high school---u were bestest friends then but now ur worlds r to different, uve followed way different paths u can say hi and reminisce but ull never b close like ya were.

im gonna get a lotto ticket on my way to walmart so when i win the trips on me!
ABSgirl
GOD HAS A PLAN
absgirl

Postby never give up » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 am

Hi fulenn,
never give up, I want every scrap of MS information I can get from Dr. McDougall, too. I think he said on that broadcast that it would be 6-9 more months before they will publish the results. Too long for me.

Fulenn

I couldn't remember the time frame he said so I went back and listened again. If I heard correctly, it is 6-12 months. :eek:

For anyone else with MS wanted to hear this broadcast the MS questions start at approx. 39 min 50 sec into it. http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=OCSzM&%20...%201CLoTvDNXA

Thanks again for providing the link fulenn. I wouldn't have gotten to hear it without your help. The study results are so far away and I feel like I am stumbling around blindfolded.

I know as soon as the new oral drug for MS is approved the dr is going to try to put me on it. I really wish that I could SHOW her that food IS my medicine. Not just for me, but for all the other MS patients she has put on the drugs. :(

Hope you are having a great day!
never give up

Postby nicoles » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Hey Fulenn, It's like a party over here! I want to play!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a lot to read over here...I'll be back...with popcorn for all!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby fulenn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 pm

moonwatcher, I hope the first faculty potluck is successful in a McDougall way. :)

absgirl, let me know when we can plan that trip. I will have to make sure to work it around my work schedule.

never give up, thanks for checking that broadcast. 6-12 months. I wish it was now. As far as giving up the drugs, I just did it myself fairly recently and it was hard, even with all of the research out there from Dr. Swank and Dr. McDougall. Just keep eating well and when you are ready, let it go. I think we have been lied to for so long about what the medications could do that it just makes sense that it is hard to wrap our heads around the truth now that we are hearing it. The results of Dr. McDougall's MS study should help with that.

nicoles, I don't know what happened! I went to answer the phone and when I came back, well, there is music, dancing, popcorn, and so many people. I was only gone a minute! :eek: :D

I ate well today but probably too much of it. At least I didn't go on a salami hunt after yesterday's activity. I have not gotten on the bike yet, but will head that way after I finish here. I slept for 5 hours last night and then had to take the children to school; then I came home and slept another 1.5 hours. I don't think that really counts as a nap, though.

We tried the Yonana maker tonight. I'm not sure what I think. I do know that the bananas needed to be thawed a bit more than I had done. I went into the recipe section on this board and read the posts on Yonanas before I tried using it and they all recommended thawing the bananas at least 5 minutes before using. I had mine in a chest freezer and think they could use 10 minutes thawing. I will try it again tomorrow. My girls and I all agree that it just tastes like cold, mushy bananas. But it has real potential, so we will try mixing fruit and adding a drop of vanilla here and there. We'll see. It wasn't bad, but it does NOT taste like soft serve ice cream, IMHO. That's actually a plus, in my book.

I've got to go help my youngest daughter burn the edges of her homework assignment. She is writing journal entries by John Smith and Pocahontas and has "aged" the paper by soaking in coffee, crumpling it, and now we will burn the edges. Ahh, the life of a parent. Fun!

Fulenn

fulenn

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals