Precipitous Change

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Precipitous Change

Postby Principality » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Exercise

I couldn’t get excited to do a workout video so I turned on a youtube 80s mix and that certainly helped.

Take on me : jogging in place 4:04
Blondie call me : 3lb arm weights varied exercises 2:15
Silent runner: jogging in place 4:02
Every breath you take : crunches varying types 3:49
Billie jean : jogging in place 4:55
To add next time
Thigh master for song
Second arms for song
Second crunches for song

That is close to covering 20 minutes and if I can add in a second round of the arms and abs, I bet it could eventually turn into a pretty nice 30 minute circuit.
Starting weight : 240lbs, current 235.9 change -4.1
Principality

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Principality wrote:Exercise

I couldn’t get excited to do a workout video so I turned on a youtube 80s mix and that certainly helped.

Take on me : jogging in place 4:04
Blondie call me : 3lb arm weights varied exercises 2:15
Silent runner: jogging in place 4:02
Every breath you take : crunches varying types 3:49
Billie jean : jogging in place 4:55
To add next time
Thigh master for song
Second arms for song
Second crunches for song

That is close to covering 20 minutes and if I can add in a second round of the arms and abs, I bet it could eventually turn into a pretty nice 30 minute circuit.

Giggle...reminds me of Sweatin to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. LOL
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby JeffN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Principality wrote:I did join the MWL group last week. I have been slowly making my way through all the resources. I have begun and quit varying shades of this program so many times that what is allowed in which is jumbled. I own all the books, cookbooks, etc even your dvds. I just have to revisit it all to get the finer points straight again. Thanks for the heads up and the suggestion.

Sometimes things change. Books are updated in a new book or newsletter (which is what happened to the MWL).

For the most current info on the MWL, you will find it in the MWL thread. For the regular program, you will also find it here, we just don’t have a special thread for it. There is actually very little difference between the two of these programs. Basically only three things. High fats foods are limited instead of avoided. Calorie Dense foods are limited instead of avoided. The “plate” for MWL is up to 50% non-starchy vegetables and fruit, and just 10-30% for the regular program.

If you are confused or not sure of something, just ask :)

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Principality » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:45 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:
Principality wrote:Exercise

Giggle...reminds me of Sweatin to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. LOL

That is exactly what it is. My mother loved Richard Simmons and made me do the vhs tapes with her lol. I wanna believe it is more like jazzercize but I was never in a class of that only got to hear the music from it at the YMCA long ago. God, it makes me want to get a leotard and head band and break loose. Like in the video from Olivia Newton John’s “Let’s get physical”. I may also slowly be turning into my mother just like she always threatened :eek:
Principality

Postby Principality » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:48 pm

JeffN wrote:
Principality wrote:I did join the MWL group last week. I have been slowly making my way through all the resources. I have begun and quit varying shades of this program so many times that what is allowed in which is jumbled. I own all the books, cookbooks, etc even your dvds. I just have to revisit it all to get the finer points straight again. Thanks for the heads up and the suggestion.

Sometimes things change. Books are updated in a new book or newsletter (which is what happened to the MWL).

For the most current info on the MWL, you will find it in the MWL thread. For the regular program, you will also find it here, we just don’t have a special thread for it. There is actually very little difference between the two of these programs. Basically only three things. High fats foods are limited instead of avoided. Calorie Dense foods are limited instead of avoided. The “plate” for MWL is up to 50% non-starchy vegetables and fruit, and just 10-30% for the regular program.

If you are confused or not sure of something, just ask :)

In Health
Jeff

Thank you!
Principality

Postby Principality » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

A rainy gloomy day here. The animals don’t even want to go outside. I made my oatmeal, berries, and jam and settled in to reread geo’s journal and story. I always enjoys his as it is something I can relate to. Planning on taking it very easy today because I work this evening. Still a little good sore from yesterday. Have brussel sprouts, rice, sweet potato to finish for lunch. Beans are cooking away in the crockpot and I think I intend to make a bean, corn, salad with them. Not sure yet. Reprinted out Jeff’s snap meals and intend to post them on the fridge. That is it for now.
Principality

Postby Principality » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm

A beautiful day here and a day off to boot And dear ole boss paid me which was nice. So feeling lighter all around. Paid some bills and even the scale was kind but not writing that until tomorrow if it sticks. I haven’t gotten to breakfast yet but if this week is any indication the equation for success will be;

Breakfast: oatmeal, berries, jam (really comfy with the quaker super grain, frozen berry, all fruit jam dollop combo)

Lunch: potatoes, mixed veggies (stocked to the gun wales with all sorts of frozen veggie mixtures)

Dinner: veggie bean soup over rice ( crock pot full of navy beans ready and waiting)

There it is, mine as well copy it for pasting later. I am boring by nature and I like nothing more than knowing I am having the same thing that I have on hand day after day. This works for me. I enjoy it. I have Mrs. Dash or condiments to drizzle if need be but I doubt even that will go beyond ketchup. This part is not going to be the struggle. The struggle will be the coffee. I don’t like it without cream and I am struggling to give it up for tea. That is where my energy is going to be focussed. That and being more active. I am low energy. I always have been so caffeine has been my ultimate crutch, not sugar. So, after weigh in tomorrow, that will be the next weeks focus. Saying “ciao” coffee.
Principality

Postby Principality » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:32 am

Well, looks like the weight change stuck for a day so I got to make a good report on the MWL forum weigh in. Now onto maintaining the trend.

Breakfast
Thought I would give ole buckwheat grouts a try instead of oatmeal. I can’t help thinking it would make an excellent glue for a jeff style bean burger.
Berries
Dab of jam

Lunch
Sweet potato, mixed vegetables, last of my rice

Dinner
Soup

Exercise was 30 minutes on the rebounder, I find singing along to my playlist really loudly helps the breathing :nod:

Got a blood pressure cuff out of curiosity. I took three readings to try it out and get into a repeatable position. They were;
129/80 , 111/77, 113/74
Pretty neat and the only way I’ll ever know since I never go to the doctor.
Principality

Postby Principality » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Work tonight so boiling some potatoes to weaponize myself against the junk food I will be surrounded with. I will do my regular breakfast, oatmeal berries, jam. Lunch will be my soup as it is hard to eat soup at work. My knees and hips feel great after the rebounder yesterday. My wrists and elbows do not. Lol, I must have been holding on for dear life without knowing. The cement floor at work really hurts my knees, hips, feet, so I may not get in any cardio till Monday. When I work I just try to not drug away the pain after and that takes all my energy. Sometimes the restless leg coupled with shooting pain goes all night making sleep hard which in turn makes me exhausted and even more sensitive to pain the next day. And, that is why I dread work days.

Anyway, enough of that. Lets play with the blood pressure cuff because that is fun and mine actually talks which gives me a giggle.
117/68
114/68
114/67
Principality

Postby Principality » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:17 am

Another work night and this one is longer. Had my potatoes and veggies at work and no struggles with wanting the junk. The leg pain was moderate by I managed no pain killers. Tonight will be more of the same. The coffee is still a struggle especially on the weekends when my spouse opens the workplace and I close it. We help each other close on our days so sleep schedules are dubious.

It is a rainy day and the animals are going to be upset about not going outside, so I am off to soothe ruffled feathers and what not for a bit. Maybe we can cheer each other up.

BP 112/63, 108/63, 106/61

Veggies and rice cooking. Animals cared for, breakfast time

Breakfast
Oatmeal, berries, jam
Principality

Postby Principality » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:27 pm

A sunny beautiful day off!!! Finally getting to breakfast at 4 pm. All the animals wanted out, and then had to get the spouse to work, and then had to find the oatmeal. Who loses a canister of oatmeal? Me, that is who. So there was the hungry fevered rush to find it and I swear I had looked in the place I did locate it but it is now safely where it can be found. When you eat the same thing every morning, it starts to become imperative that it be available. Last night I had my veggies and potatoes at work but still became hungry because I am surrounded by temptation. Going to be working in some spring cleaning here and reorganizing because it always feels like Christmas to dig through all the stuff I forgot I had.

Breakfast
Oatmeal, berries, jam

Lunch
Potatoes and frozen vegetable mix

Dinner
Bean and vegetable soup

Blood pressure

118/69
113/69
111/68
Principality

Postby Principality » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:38 pm

I am making use of the library's loaning hot spots these days, and do not have home internet. Makes socialization and access to resources tough. More so due to the mistaken idea that EVERYONE has internet access and therefore can easily do all things online. Oh well, thems the breaks. I have prepared myself with sweet potato and mushroom soup, oatmeal, and a bean and rice dish to healthfully survive on. I am taking college courses that have added stress but I don't have an excuse to not use what I have learned to at least eat correctly. My knees have been making much noise regarding weather so I have been sedentary. I struggle with the choice of whether I should drug the pain away so I can exercise or whether the pain meds are more harm than help. Looking forward to spring and the garden, if I can only drag through winter first.
Principality

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals