Maybe a baby in 2017

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Maybe a baby in 2017

Postby f00die » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 am

:-D
now the fun begins
deepest congratulations
f00die

Postby SilverDollar123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:09 am

YEAH! Congratulations,to you&hubby...& the girls now have a new baby sister.I am so glad she is ok especially with the
cord problem. Relax & Enjoy this bonding time. Please allow others to help around the house,bring in meals..you deserve it.
Many Blessings to you&family...(((Hugs))) RAS :nod:
SilverDollar123

Postby Daydream » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Awww. Lyndzie, I'm so happy for you. I remember how exhilarated I felt after giving birth to my babies. What a precious time in your life--enjoy! Let us know what you name your baby girl.
Daydream

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:41 am

Thanks foodie, RAS and Daydream!

I’m not getting enough sleep, but that’s to be expected. I tried to add a pic of the baby on here, but can’t seem to figure out how to from my phone, and haven’t had a chance to set down at the computer yet.

The baby (still no name! It’s day 4!) is McDougalling 100% by following the doctor’s recommendation of ad libitum consumption of breastmilk. Even though many people claim total compliance, this is a person who really walks the talk, so to speak.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:26 am

Oh! I'm so excited for you! And what a stroke of blessing that your baby is okay even with the nuchal cord! But how wonderful it all is :) I'm happy happy happy for you! Sleep whenever you can, but you know that. And if it is offered, stay home alone with just you and that sweetness while others take your other child(ren) out and away. But you probably know all of this. :-D

Well done!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 pm

She finally has a name!

Please say hello to Mae!!

She is 6 days old today. She is named after the little sister in the movie Totoro. She has my middle name, and my husband's last name (I kept my maiden name).

She has been a great baby, and her sisters absolutely love her to pieces. The poor thing is getting kissed to death. The girls have been picking out her outfits, too. Because she is so long, none of the newborn stuff I have fits her! She's wearing 0-3 months already just because of the length, but it's a bit wide on her, so she has plenty of room to fill out.

Nursing is going pretty well. We're still working on getting the latch just right, but it's improving every day, and she's having a ridiculous amount of wet and dirty diapers, so she's definitely eating enough. My goal is to have her back up to birth weight by her 1 week checkup on Monday. Both my other girls were, and I don't see any reason she would be any different.

We've been so fortunate to have many people bring us food. I've simply told people vegan, because that simplifies things and gets somewhat compatible food, and I'm in no position to be overly picking (especially with the amount of exceptions I've made in the past few months. Vegan stuffed acorn squash is way better than a pint of ice cream!). I'm shrinking back down more quickly than I had expected, but it's very obvious that I just had a baby.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and congratulations! I am so glad to have this community to share my journey with.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Idgie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm

What a gorgeous new little human!!!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby SilverDollar123 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Oh she is beautiful! You made my day by getting to see her. I am glad you are doing good. I think about you often.
Also thankful you are getting meals & the girls love having a new sister.Nice name too! RAS :-D
SilverDollar123

Postby Daydream » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:16 am

Oh baby Mae is so sweet!! What a beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing that. Lyndzie, I'm glad that you and baby are doing good.
Daydream

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 am

Congratulations, Lyndzie!! Mae is precious!! Thanks for posting her picture. Glad that you and your family are doing well! So awesome that you have shared your journey with us here!! :-D
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby SilverDollar123 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Hey Lyndzie,How's that baby doing? How are you feeling? Miss you. RAS
SilverDollar123

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 am

Hi RAS! We are great! I haven’t had a chance to sit and type an update, because the only time I’m on the computer is when I’m browsing he internet one-handed while nursing.

I’m back to McDougalling consistently, and it feels great. My mom even made me a cold salad for the fridge and altered the recipe to omit the oil! She also gave me homemade chocolate chip cookies, but I’ll just give those to the kids.

Mae was up to 10 lbs 15 oz at her one month check up, and is starting to wear 6 month clothing because she is so long. I’m starting to get better at juggling everything, and have been able to get in the kitchen a little more. This way if eating is great because of the simplicity. Tonight’s dinner was “broccoli rice,” which is just steam broccoli on a bed of rice with some sautéed tofu. I picked up some potatoes and salsa for quick lunches. I put together Jeff’s bean burgers for a quick sandwich to grab.

Thanks again everyone for the support and well wishes. It’s 4 am here, so back to sleep I go.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Rosey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Awww she's adorable. Congrats.
Rosey

Postby Suey51 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:38 am

Congratulations Lyndzie! Mae is gorgeous :D
Suey51

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Today little Miss Mae is 2 months old. She is growing like a weed, and has transitioned into 6 month clothing already. She smiles all the time and talks up a storm.

I joined the Maximum Weight Loss monthly support group. At 6 weeks postpartum I was down to 126 lbs. I was really hoping to use breastfeeding as an excuse to have nuts and avocado all the time, but it became quickly apparent that if I wanted to return to my prepregnancy clothing then I would have to abandon those decadent treats. Since implementing the MWL diet two weeks ago, I have lost 4 pounds. Only 12 more to go!

As far as breastfeeding goes, I have found that the consumption of whole grains really keeps up supply. The traditional remedy for increasing supply is to consume oatmeal, which totally works. Adding another meal of brown rice or other whole, intact grain (not pasta or bread) has really been amazing. It makes me wonder how many people are struggling to keep up supply just because they aren’t eating any grains (potato consumption does not seem to have an impact).

Thanks again to everyone for your well wishes and support. I am so grateful to have this community!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals