FrowsyOwl's Final Commitment

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: FrowsyOwl's Final Commitment

Postby frowsyowl » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 am

Yesterday:
B: Blueberries and oats
Pre-Load: Cabbage Salad
L: Cauliflower, potatoes and veggie burger, ketchup
S: Potatoes and bean burger--separate times.
D: Potatoes and ketchup

Was in mood and I think the snacking threw off my interest in sitting down to a well-rounded dinner. Probably too much ketchup.
I walked around the building four times on break, and almost forgot to do my exercise video, but I got it in. I felt kind of beat-up last night. I did one task in the yard, it must have been more strenuous than I thought. Was a struggle to do the video, and I had been feeling more fit recently.

This week has been a little bit of a mental struggle. The first month felt like I was getting on a good groove, and this week feels like I've started over again, doubting the weight will come off.
frowsyowl

Postby frowsyowl » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:42 am

Yesterday:

B: Oats, blueberries
S: Oatmeal
Pre-Load: Cabbage and Three-bean salads
L: Frozen mangos, Vegetable soup, Brown rice
D: Three-Bean salad, Cauliflower curry and brown rice
S: Three-Bean Salad and brown rice

Activity/Exercise: 30 minute a.m. walk, shopping. Fell asleep so early

This morning's weigh in: 220 even! Phew, didn't think I would see a loss at all. Improved slightly on my compliance for the week.

Plan for today, since I may not get back on the computer 'til Monday

B: Oatmeal and blueberries
L; Soup/Salad
D: Anniversary dinner out: Baked potato and house salad with chickpeas, steamed veg if they have it without butter.

Prep-plan for this week--from mainly from "Straight Up Food"
Potato/bean scramble
Baked oatmeal--made compliant
Fruit Salad
Burrito Bowl/Salad
Hummus and raw vegetables, Jeff's hummus.
Beefless Stew
Spaghetti with broccoli--If I can't find compliant sauce, will just get tomatoes and veg to put with it. Maybe this should be "Primavera style".

For Husband:
Bread
Chicken
Banana Muffins

Looking at the above, I may need to add some extra vegetables to get to 50/50 or pull soup out of the freezer for pre-loads.
frowsyowl

Postby frowsyowl » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:04 am

Very compliant weekend! Ordered as planned for our anniversary dinner. Two baked potatoes, plain; house salad, no dressing. The chickpeas were roasted, so I picked them off. Not an exciting meal, but I didn't get off course. Visited a local landmark, "Robber's Cave". Place had so many uses over the years. Saturday, we walked around a neighborhood lake and Sunday, I took my bike out to try a new trail.

I didn't prep everything at once this week. Made dinner and my husband's lunch stuff. Started with the Burrito Bowl Salad. The Beef-less stew is in the crock pot. Husband purchased bread--all the recipe's made so much, and he wasn't sure he would be interested in left-over rolls. Hopefully this lasts through Wednesday, because we'll be at the running group that evening. End of the week, we'll have potato scramble or the pasta primavera.

Didn't get myself going early enough this morning, so will have to exercise after work again
frowsyowl

Postby frowsyowl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:25 am

Still here. Had a slip last night with nuts, but otherwise compliant this week so far. I really rationalized them with the numbers. I was hungry after work and couldn't find something to satisfy. I should have just eaten dinner or taken a nap.

Weight dropped a bit after Friday's weigh-in, but is holding or slightly up from then. I won't make the baked oatmeal again while I'm trying to lose weight. It's too easy to snack on, and while I was following my hunger, I probably had too much. It's frustrating to be this heavy and lose so little in a week--at least seemingly because I am weighing almost daily right now....it's not Friday yet. I will really try to stay off the scale between official weigh ins.

Tonight is our first running class. It will still be about 90 degrees when we run at 7:00 p.m. :duh: Too bad it's not beginners competitive swimming instead! I've said it before, but summer is probably worse than winter for me. I start daydreaming about moving to a different latitude. Winter may not be pleasant, but I can't recall ever wishing I could take a tropical vacation, or have a winter home in Florida.
frowsyowl

Postby frowsyowl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:11 am

Still plugging away. Less compliance this week, but not horrible.

Posting from my phone.
frowsyowl

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals