Stephanie's Journal - One Bite at a Time...

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

9/9 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:01 pm

Hello,

Forgot to say with work Social Committee thing - we raised a good clip last month for the Ukrainians via a Bake Sale.. Hmm... not very MWL --- so, I coined the "virtual cupcake" which enabled anyone in any location to participate without "CRAP"... :lol:

This is so much the best month!!! LOVE IT except for the cold that will come after. One of my neighbors put out HALLOWEEN decorations on Labor Day. They are beautiful ones (including a ridiculously huge purple spider and accompanying web); however, dude... can this not wait a couple of weeks? :lol:

Did excellent favorite trail hike with my son on Labor Day. There were lots of people out - mostly walkers, a few mountain bikers. We saw a deer family --- and still lots of grasshoppers. Several autumn native plants were in full bloom (we have some of these same in our yard to --- attracts pollinating bees)...

Thought that I had found the secret to quickly making oven fries (I eat them way faster than I can prep them)... Anyway, purchased an Industrial Grade Potato slicer. BIG mistake --- who knew that you had to be able to continuously exert a tremendous amount of force to cut them... (well, maybe everyone but me...) So, I could really only do the smaller potatoes. My husband would do for me (and did do many pans for me), but my point was not to be reliant on someone else. Giving this to my son and going back to the cutting board and knife method.

Finding that I am struggling a bit with emotional aspect of maintenance (why?) ... similar to when I was battling 5/7 :mrgreen: ... UGH! In attempt to make this the logical exercise that it really should be... (like seriously, just increase calorie density...) have funny thought that is similar to battle with 5/7 (and started "hypercare log" to take emotion out for that instance)... thinking in this case now that I have moved back on the change curve from feeling secure in that I can do (weight loss) to feeling I understand what to do, but really more building skill (maintenance). So, expect "time & adherence" along with some experimentation will be the answer.

I did not do as well with maintain this week. I will be a bit more aggressive next week with increasing starch to veg / fruit %. Also, working against me is that I have lots of energy and am maybe moving around more (which should be a good thing and I am not changing anything here now)...

Have been snacking more than usual this week as hungry. Some days 0 and other days (like yesterday) 3 times. Have seriously eaten an astounding amount of food... (that would be you oven fries... HA!) Also, loving sloppy lentils over corn.

Below is Behavioral assessment that I will post to the Time & Adherence Group.

Hi Team Time and Adherence! :)

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
:) I did this for lunch only this week.

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
:) Yes. Mainly had oatmeal plus fruit for breakfast this week (again). Trying different fruits... so far, all are good (best was mango & dark cherry)! Also ate tons of potatoes, whole wheat rotini, more sloppy lentils, corn, split pea soup. Various veggies and fruits.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
:) Yes. Reduced, not eliminated.

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
YES, of course. :D

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
Yes. :-D

6 Eliminate any added oil.
:nod: YES.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
:-D Yes.

8 Don’t drink your calories especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
:) Yes.

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
:) Yes. No starving or stuffing.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes. :)
* 7/7 days walked briskly
The weather is still great, but a couple AM's had a bit of the fall "chill" to come!!!

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

As others have commented, can't believe how time is flying by this year!!! Wondering if anyone else finds this funny --- have a neighbor who put out his Halloween decorations on Labor Day... :eek: Talk about being prepared! :lol:

Very much appreciate this group. Thank you, Mark and JeffN! :)

Drew, I used a similar tracking method and found it super helpful. Also good for looking for any patterns, if needed...

Carol, Wishing you the best on your home negotiations. That is awesome that you found a place. Good luck with the exercise... can totally relate to the difficulty of re-starting...

Beth, Totally agree with how awesome it is to feel free / no cravings for non-recommended foods... :-o

Moonlight, Happy to "see you" back... :)

Big HI to everyone else!!!

Hope that everyone has an awesome weekend! Planning to do some gardening and hiking with a friend. Will definitely be eating potatoes... :D

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Re: Stephanie's Journal - One Bite at a Time...

Postby squealcat » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:01 pm

It seems like I just listened to a podcast where the person (don't remember who it was ) said that once you get to maintenance, it is like you are beginning something new. He said that when you take karate and earn your black belt you are not finally " THERE", you are just at the beginning of your learning.....like you are just starting. Does that make sense? I am very sure he said it better than me. Anyway, like many have said, maintenance is hard work. I am sure you will figure it out ! Keep us posted and we can learn from you ! The good thing about MWL is that you really don't have to eat any differently !

-Marilyn
squealcat

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:57 pm

squealcat wrote:It seems like I just listened to a podcast where the person (don't remember who it was ) said that once you get to maintenance, it is like you are beginning something new. He said that when you take karate and earn your black belt you are not finally " THERE", you are just at the beginning of your learning.....like you are just starting. Does that make sense? I am very sure he said it better than me. Anyway, like many have said, maintenance is hard work. I am sure you will figure it out ! Keep us posted and we can learn from you ! The good thing about MWL is that you really don't have to eat any differently !

-Marilyn

Hi Marilyn!! :-D :)

Thank you for stopping by and your positivity!!! Appreciate what you said 100%...

I do want to just say ... I don't think that maintenance would be hard work, but would require continued attention.

Thinking that this means: following habits / behavior developed to achieve weight loss, checkpoint of how you are doing (weekly weigh in --- or whatever periodicity....), adjust activity level and / or calorie density of diet accordingly... So, this could be super easy depending on situation!!! :D

Here is a pretty awesome WildGoose post on this topic of maintenance!!
https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... 75#p629913

My current situation is more that I had maintained for a few months, but then changed calories in AND calories out. For instance, removed MWL 5/7 fails... (1200 / 2800 calories per pound misses ... don't check my math... (and I can't quantify impact because I do go with the beauty of not measuring / recording calories, etc.):) )... Then, I have experienced increased energy and moving significantly more (YAY!!). That I do have rough / only comparative (not definitely accurate) data ... Have increased steps / activity for a few months average daily steps as compared to YTD average by 7K, 4K, 2K over past few months.... Hmm... Thinking positive to move and can have definite impact... (and would if extrapolated, although... another, I am not calculating...)...

Unfortunately, my inner toddler is not thrilled with change (especially combined with other things going on) ... which is really logically not a big deal. Glad that I have a rational side!!! I also have a new appreciation for folks who posted where they have received feedback on their appearance from others as losing weight... and how that may play with your mind.

I am not formally educated in change ... but I have worked for many years on projects where I help stakeholders accept / embrace change / understand concerns / implement solutions as possible to help (from an organizational change perspective). Best believe that the bigger the transformation, the more concerns / hiccups... (big or small and loss of perspective on impact is standard...)... I am pretty sure that JeffN even says in Orientation post that CHANGE is Difficult (apologies, paraphrasing... ) -- (and that is personal change... much more tricky than Organizational change....)

So, I am trying to manage my inner toddler as a "stakeholder"... :-D

Anyway, just wanted to not sound discouraging... We can all do this!!! It is simple!!! Keep it simple!!! Keep going!!! :)

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Hi,

So today we have awesome deck action for animal viewing = owls, bats, a couple of skunks... Also, made great food : Mary McD black beans, oven fries, brown basmati rice (found a great brand)... Loving best for lunch the "Mexican salad" type of plate --- beans, rice (or potato), corn, romaine, tomato, red onion + salsa... (I cannot get sick of this!!!)

Working through the "inner toddler" struggles... I do think that change can be messy... funny would be that I wouldn't consider myself a big complainer (in general), but I seem to state more such on my journal (than others may, so I might have to re-evaluate how I would peg myself)... It actually helps me work through things... :) (for good, bad, or indifferent)...

I do have to go back and put myself where I was before on the change curve (happy). Another thing that I learned about transformational change in my job is grab "hearts and minds"... which didn't change for me with just a blip.... :)

I have re-thought some thing... Not great to be inflexible, but to understand parameters / what is negotiable when you are trying to problem solve. I am 100% only doing MWL foods / checklist (and this I will do)... So, movement was my #2 thing working against maintenance and I did decide to meditate / make potato fries to calm down my movement for now, while I figure this out (this will likely go down anyway in the upcoming colder months... ).... I had totally stopped recording steps / reviewing after June goals made me stressed, so quantifying my actual change in movement was a bit eye-opening...

I am thinking of the iterative "check in" process and adjustments to make as more along the lines of re-balancing asset class in a portfolio or as an athlete changing calorie count (due to activity level periodicity)... This is pretty non-emotional for me... (just need to build the skill which is do-able)...

Things I am good at: easily shopping / prepping / eating MWL compliant meals, navigating / deflecting difficult social situations / conversations, liking what I eat (not looking for something else), packing / planning to bring food when out of house, not counting anything and not worrying about lots of stuff

Things that I need to practice which I basically understand: impact of change to starch / veggie / calorie density up in MWL perspective --- so, need to understand impact on outcome a bit. But this should be easier with practice.

Things I need to improve: So, I am not great with not internalizing (even as deflected in conversation) certain feedback. I am not sure if this is because it is a vulnerable time for me to receive such feedback (and I have also received positive feedback, but this gets dwarfed in my brain).

Anyway, progress not perfection.... Love that my MWL routine is pretty ingrained!!!

Hope that everyone has an excellent week!!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Lizzy_F » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Hi Stephanie! Love your reflection that you posted. Your journal is definitely your space - I love how you use it to sort through your thoughts and feelings and figure stuff out!

I wanted to tell you I made sloppy lentils last night overnight in my crock pot! I mostly followed your recipe that you shared. I also looked at Mary M.'s and took a little inspiration there as well. I love how they turned out! I might add more Jalapeno next time! :mrgreen:

I hear what you are saying about the MWL program becoming ingrained. I am not as far along as you, and am still learning a lot of basic stuff. But I do feel that certain things that felt hard at first, feel easy now. As an example, having veg soup on hand so that is my first course a dinner is just routine now. I suppose I need to make sure I have a backup strategy if my food prep plans ever get disrupted (and they surely will, at some point!) but right now I don't even have to think about this. It's just part of my routine. Anyway, this whole behavioral change model is just an interesting journey and I am seeing the value of repetition of desired new behaviors!

Hope you are having an awesome week and that being back in the office is a positive experience for you!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

9/16 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for your ALWAYS kind and helpful thoughts!!! So glad that I met you through McD!!! You ROCK!!!

LOVE that you made the sloppy lentils!!! Left some comments on your journal... :) My work experience has still been fantastic, but I am not going in much (like a half day per week)... Just enough to have a bit of balance.

Hi Journal,

So, feeling great this week!! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ju ... e9f3fcd5b5

JUMP!!! 80's Hair band... excellent fun song, with crazy 80's clothes... OMG!!! Listen to this and try to feel sad... NOT happening!!! :D

Anyway, my semi-SWOT exercise above was helpful to get my brain cells to work on how to improve. I think I made PROGRESS! YAY!!!

So, I PAID ATTENTION to changing my starch / veggie ratio (which I have been remiss on in prior weeks) ... AND walked a bit less (since I had increased a clip due to good weather and always walking when someone will walk with me, the movement decrease is not something I'll carry forward, but was just negating the change in food intake... so, can only deal with 1 thing at a time... )... Anyway, I gained almost a lb..... which proved to me that I could do that... (yes, apparently even I cannot defy science... :lol: )

One of my best gf's helped me on the other... I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something or having a weird body image issue (because I do think that I am materially at right weight)... My friend grew up in Middle East and ate minimally processed foods (is omnivore)... She has been thin her whole life and also is the best person I know who is BRUTALLY honest... She had some colorful language... and reminded me to use my middle finger... :) Well, I may do this silently... Feel heaps better....

Mostly no. I did do this a few times.

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
:) Yes. I ate a ton of potatoes, oats, corn, sloppy lentils, beans, Jeff burgers, whole wheat pasta... OMG, was so excited to FINALLY find Sugar Kiss Cantaloupe (if you love cantaloupe and you haven't tried, go look!!!) at Trader Joe's --- going back tomorrow for more, also Saturn peaches (funky shape, great taste), navel oranges, various frozen fruit, carrots, cauliflower (who knew?), snow peas, tomatoes, baby cucumbers, red onion, Romaine lettuce. Lots of simple, but delicious meals.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.

8 Don’t drink your calories especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
OK, I had to resurrect my fleece lined sweatshirt for AM walks... Weather still pleasant, but has a hint of chill to come...
Also, I guess will just share that my biggest walking risk is passing by a McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts ... folks are pretty "driven" to drive in fast ...

Hey Rebecka22 --- Glad your strike is over. That sounded brutal. How you handled is inspiring!!! :)

Hi Eric --- YAY, you joined us!!! :-D I was :lol: at your fruit description... I also would be hard pressed to go crazy with apples and bananas.... (but do LOVE mango and dark cherries!!!)...

Like Gimmelean said last week, I went back to office for first time in 2.5 years. Right now, seems like I have an easier situation where we "volunteer" to be there. So, I am 100% with interacting in real life with people... and I have only done 1/2 day once a week so far... Not a huge change, but I do bring food usually banana, raw veggies, Jeff burger, oven fries... There are a lot of "carrots" that corporate world is throwing out to get folks in --- so tons of free food (not MWL compliant!!! :lol: )... I have had benefits too with liking the interaction and being able to do stairs, walk, etc.

From a "time" perspective, was looking through my journal from a year ago... Hmm... I was 25 lbs. heavier... Then, still thinking I had COVID (although test from Red Roof Inn states otherwise)... I went a bit off-track at this time, but still recorded... Although sometimes painful, glad that I have captured some thoughts as it does give me perspective that I have come a good way from where I was. For instance, I was tracking food --- I have definitely used condiments less (just liking taste of unadulterated food) .... also, have simplified further (like just microwave a potato, grab a banana, throw together some easy veggies)... so, time to prepare adherent meal is like not an issue at all. Finally, FEEL GREAT!!! This works and feels really good to me to keep with!!! I am anticipating another year results... :-D

Totally appreciate this group as a safe space to learn and practice.... Big thank you to Mark, JeffN, WildGoose for this opportunity and supportive environment... Also, appreciate all participants that share --- you inspire me!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Food Pics... :)

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Hi,

So, I think I have found work-around for a couple of technical issues where I couldn't post pics.. Going to post a couple food pics to see how it goes!!! :eek:

Great week!!! Found mums on sale and bought a bunch of purple and cream colored ones and they are awesome!!! We also still have a couple of hummingbirds and monarchs stopping by... Have been playing Merlin app bird calls to the owls... pretty hilarious... so far, none have come to meet me... but I do try... Have organized "Litter Obliterator" project for the week... this is not my job, just something fun to do ... Anyway, here are a few pics... :) :-D

Image This is what I bring when I go out... durable adherent food... :cool:

Image This is a tray of oven fries... Knife & cutting board method... super delicious!!!

Image Today's lunch... lots of Farmer's Market stuff --- peaches, blueberries, sweet potato, tomato, romaine... Mary McD smashed crockpot pinto beans (with tons of onion and jalapeno)... A bit of the Trader Joe's "roasted corn"... I am mostly eating similar for lunch... may change with weather change, but LOVE this so much...

Image Still hungry so potato...

Image So, mostly breakfast looks like this... :D

Shared this quote with some of my McD Nov. 2021 peeps... "Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out." ---- Gordon B. Hinkley....

Have a great week!
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:01 am

MMMM I love pics of food. And videos! Can we get a McDougall Mukbang video from you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, I must say I agree with the early decoration thing. I mean, September is Harvest Month, not Early Halloween. Pete's sakes. And there's already mini Xmas ads on TV! SMH. It will drive me AWAY from shopping for SURE. I bet your neighbor puts up Christmas stuff the day after Halloween, right? :roll:

anyway, well done on the food prep! Those fries look amazing!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lizzy_F » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:58 pm

OMG Stephanie! Here is my new plan:

1. Move in with Stephanie
2. Eat all Stephanie's food
3. Do dishes

How does that sound????? :D :D :D

Your food looks SO DELICIOUS and I say that having JUST finished a HUGE dinner myself!

How do you make your oven fries? Do you start with raw potatoes or cooked? What temp? About how long? Do you turn them / stir them during cooking? Where is the KETCHUP?????? :D :D :D

Another question re: Mary's smashed beans. Do you put the Jalapeno in at the beginning and cook it with the beans? Do you include the seeds? (I like it HOT!)

I know my questions are really basic - I can barely find my kitchen with both hands and all the lights on! But I'm learning!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Lizzy_F wrote:OMG Stephanie! Here is my new plan:

1. Move in with Stephanie
2. Eat all Stephanie's food
3. Do dishes

How does that sound????? :D :D :D

Your food looks SO DELICIOUS and I say that having JUST finished a HUGE dinner myself!

How do you make your oven fries? Do you start with raw potatoes or cooked? What temp? About how long? Do you turn them / stir them during cooking? Where is the KETCHUP?????? :D :D :D

Another question re: Mary's smashed beaHe

I know my questions are really basic - I can barely find my kitchen with both hands and all the lights on! But I'm learning!

Hey, Just have to :lol: at Heidi comment first,,, OMG!! Hilarious!! I had to google to understand and then my water went through my nose!!! :cry: :lol: But, LOVE LOVE the comment... Yeah, pretty unlikely that I would do this!! HA!!! Thank you, for your kind comments!!! I will say that one of my tech issues was that I could take pics on my new computer --- and only forward camera.... So, like I could post pics presenting my food... Perhaps just me... but yeah, no... :lol:

Hey Beth, You are always welcome to come over!! No need to do dishes... :) Come on by!!! I will say 100% that I LOVE food I eat and I hope peeps can find things they can like too...

I make oven fries from raw... Lots of other recipes... I just cut and cook them at about 425... Works out fine... THis is one of my stealth "calorie dense" things... where maybe could cut thicker or cook less long.. :) I cook them around 30 minutes... Super delicious... :-D My only condiment that I still long for is BBQ... But lots of times, I am good with some herb / spice (smoked paprika, rosemary, garlic powder)...

Bean ? --- I do put in onion and jalapeno right at beginning. I also LOVE a bit of heat and include pepper seeds...

You are doing amazing!!

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Food Pics...

Postby VegSeekingFit » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:01 pm

Hi,

So, I am not sure why it amuses me so much to post my food pictures... :lol: Anyway, it does... so, here are a few... No more words except ... I was so EXCITED to get almost 40 peeps to join the forest preserve clean-up yesterday!! Weather was awesome (maybe a bit hot for some)... but we had an excellent time !!!!

So, this is the best fruit with oats (IMO)... mango and dark cherries... YUM!!

Doubled down on the "to go" food with a longer day... Usually not doing 2 bananas... but they are so portable.. :lol:

Probably a dumb comment from me... but I do LOVE pretty veggies ... so, talking to you, purple cauliflower!!! A snack...

OK, I super wasn't kidding that I adore this lunch... Perhaps will change as it gets colder, but cannot get sick of the "Mexican salad" concept...

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

9/23 Time & Adherence Report

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Hi,

Here is today lunch... still the Mexican salad, just a little different... :lol: Still delicious...

Last night snack - sloppy lentils, fries and fruit...

Mostly no. I did do this a few times.

:) Yes. Mostly oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. Mexican salad for lunch with fruit. Tons of potatoes, corn, sloppy lentils, Jeff burgers for dinner. Got a couple of great things at Farmers Market this week --- best was tomatoes and peaches!!! Will be checking it out again tomorrow as thinking there's only a few weeks left that they'll be open..
Here's one of the Mexican salads... :-D

Had to double fleece this morning --- was at 45 degrees (coming right after 88 degrees). In the spring, this would be almost shorts weather!! :lol:

So, going to add just a couple of more comments on Mark's questions...

Markers of Progress -
*Have lost about 50 lbs., 8 BMI points, 5 jeans sizes. Feeling great!!!
*Will take blood tests in November to compare to last November. Not really concerned - #'s were ok (I had been following MWL already almost 6 months).
*Sleep great and wake up (almost) with a bounce. Get up by 6 (lots of times earlier) even when I could sleep in. I actually want to get up and moving...
*My feet want to move and move faster. As compared to discrete last year average (where for 7 months I did do MWL), current year-to-date average steps increased by 5.6K. I can jog across streets without perceived increase in heart rate (it's bum knee that stops me from running more than this)...
* Better skin, hair, fingernails... wounds heal faster (like cut, scrape, etc.) :lol:
* No headaches or random body aches, etc.
* Clockwork digestion.
* MWL helps me to cope with anxiety. For most day-to-day things, I have zero ... which is a long way from where I started. (Mostly calm and unbothered now...) Select situations are a bit tougher - continue to work through mindfulness / meditation as well...

I did expect that following MWL would result in ultimately achieving healthy body size / weight and feeling better in general. However, the impact on my mood and energy levels is almost magical. I would be motivated to continue to keep going even if only for that reason. Obviously can't quantify, but I am predominately HAPPY as a clam... (not that I was sad, but I was not walking around smiling for no apparent reason...) :)

How do you situate your goals, achievements and struggles?
I think that I have learned the most when I struggled a lot (although painful!)... For me, this was mostly in the 5/7 arena where I was looking for a less than optimal way to handle "just say no to that stuff"... Coping techniques I finally landed on (with LOTS OF HELP, thank you, Mark) are ones that can work in other situations too and make me more confident about being able to handle what may be "to come".
I am super appreciative of wonderful support received from McD team (thank you, JeffN) and from participating in support groups (including this one). This has really helped me to increase self-confidence in ability to just keep going. I have benefited by the generosity of others in offering expertise and sharing real life experiences. Nice night to feel completely on your own island.

How I am feeling like I am doing at present time - Mostly feel pretty terrific... :) "Moving right along..." :lol:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mo ... ORM=WRVORC

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!!

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby annagreen » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:29 am

oh my gosh Stephanie! Loving your journal. And those food pics...beautiful and enticing! Glad you are doing so well! You are obviously workin it and reaping the goods. Thanks for sharing.
annagreen

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Hey ... Thank you, Anna!!! :) Appreciate your comments!!!

Here --- yes, I am happy to be super boring on food.. A couple more Mexican salads... (but, LOVE LOVE LOVE them.... and they seem to fit plate test...)... Probably need to integrate a nice warm bowl of soup with colder weather here... :-)

So, funny... both my husband and I are not "shoppers" on any level... Had to do dress shopping today for upcoming wedding.. YUCK (to me)... So, hubby says he wants to go with me... and do his own clothes shopping... Hilarious... I told him, this is cool -- we go together, but you must be honest --- not like , hey ... great...He did a good job with that!!! Anyway, I have my stuff (and I also thank the nice salesperson.... )... This is actually how hubby and I started dating... our mutual hatred of shopping... He was pretty impressed by my quickness when I was buying work suits a hundred years ago.... :lol:

I stated on MWL thread that I don't run / bum knee... True... But then always question myself a bit (like is this a cop-out?)... Because I would 100% want to run... (jog... I am a super slow runner) !! Always!!! Like was the guy who sang songs in group runs way back in high-school when running; not looking to work hard here!!)... Perhaps a sense of hope... because I did a clip with impunity... TBD... I am 100% loving walking... but ??? I am pretty cautious... but inclined...

Starchiest meal ever... a bit of BBQ in the corn... I always seem to state "sugar", but mostly don't remember this.... so, very little sugar is consumed by me...

This was my partial produce haul this weekend. Mostly Farmers Market... Some things didn't fit into picture!!! :lol:

Anyway, hope that anyone reading this is feeling awesome!!!

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby MakeHealthLast » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:20 am

Hi Stephanie,

I saw that you posted in your journal, so I just jumped to the last page, scrolled down, + saw all your beautiful pictures of your awesome food!!!! A feast for the eyes--the colors are so vibrant--your food so nicely plated--everything just so great--+ reminds me of just how far I've fallen, + how much I really want + need to get back. So thank you! I even took screenshots so I can read your words at a later time (I have to get to bed now), + have that pretty food to look at again! :D

Kudos to you! :nod:
Make Health Last/Health 1st
I formerly posted as Health 1st but forgot my password. My new Username came from a video I saw on YouTube. It can be taken 2 ways: I want to make my health last for decades, + never again want to make my health last place in my life.
MakeHealthLast

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals