tina's weight loss journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: tina's weight loss journey

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 am

tinathescreamer wrote:2 cups of coffee today. Had a can of baked beans in tomato sauce for lunch. It was so sweet my teeth nearly fell out. :eek:
We had chat following this morning's Zoom service. People were showing all the goodies they'd baked to go with their coffee and complaining their clothes had shrunk. Sunday morning after church is always my most tempting time with all the homebaked cookies. Hopefully by the time services start again my good habits will be established.

Oh, yes! Canned baked beans can be SO sweet. I tried Bush's steakhouse beans over baked potato. Oy...like you say, hurts your teeth. Your tastebuds are changing, when baked beans are too sweet :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:49 am

I have been feeling unwell these last few days; light headed, sweaty, prickly skin, bad tardive dyskenesia. All I wanted to do was lie in bad and drink endless cups of coffee to try and get some energy. Last night I looked at my prescriptions and realised I'd only been given half the usual dosage on one of them! All fixed now and I cooked pasta with chickpeas, canned tomato and kale for dinner.
For the May challenge I am going to try no processed foods. I will be eating the same thing every week day and doing a bit more trying out of new recipes in the weekend. I will do my best to stick strictly to the MWLP (those small amounts of popcorn, peanut butter and raisins have been sneaking in) and also I will cut out salt as it's a problem area for me.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 01, 2020 3:23 am

SW 198 lbs
GW 160 Ideal 150
CW 187.9
Lost so far 10.1, 27.9 to go
I am in the wars again. This morning I did something to my leg out walking and now can hardly move. Too painful to cook dinner tonight so just had fruit.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sat May 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Since my leg makes it difficult for me to shuffle round the kitchen I've opted for quick and easy food; raw carrots and celery, fruit, microwaved potatoes and muesli with soy milk - ok that last is definitely non compliant. This afternoon I was able to stand for long enough to chop up some mushrooms and leeks and will have rice and veg soup for dinner. I still have quite a lot of white rice to use up. As soon as I can get to the store I'll buy some brown rice and do half and half. :!:
tinathescreamer

Postby alishana » Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 am

I wish you a good recovery !
alishana

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 pm

SW 198
GW 160. ideal 150
CW 186.3
Weight loss so far 11.7 lbs

Pretty pleased considering I haven't been able to exercise this week. However my appetite has been low so not eating much. I'm getting used to sauteing my veg in a little bit of water and the onions actually taste a bit fatty done that way. I have been on this WOE for 39 days and haven't tasted animal products or flour products apart from ww pasta in all this time. No sugar either and I don't miss it. , The lockdown has made it easier because there is no one to tempt me with non compliant foods. Next week restrictions will probably be eased so we'll see how I cope when things are more "normal".

B. kiwifruit. banana oatmeal
L. potatoes, carrot, cabbage, vegan white sauce made with soy milk (non compliant)
D. rice, lentils, onions, bell peppers

I am eating pretty much the same every day apart from different veggies in my dinner; I find I obsess far less over food that way, plus I know how much to cook and I'm actually cooking less because I'm eating less without getting hungry between meals. No cravings :-D
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun May 10, 2020 3:18 am

I won't record my daily meals as II'm eating the same foods and it would get monotonous. Today was the same as yesterday except I had an apple for breakfast and chard for dinner. I did have a handful of raisins to sweeten my oatmeal but they're almost finished and I won't be buying any more. Out of curiosity, and because old habits die hard, I entered my days eating into fitday.com and found to my surprise that, even with the raisins and a half cup of soy milk, I was only at 1400 calories. On previous diets I was hungry all the time at less than 1600. So now I know how much food it takes to sustain me, plus I'm at least 80% of all my nutrient requirements. I am now eating to live instead of living to eat. :nod:
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Mon May 11, 2020 2:09 am

I had some baked beans for lunch and the added sugar had me wanting candy and cookies for a while. Luckily there was none in the house. I had a cup of coffee and the craving eventually passed.
I am back to walking 30 mins a day.
Restaurants are reopening on Thursday. I may meet up with a friend for a cuppa tea but not have anything to eat. I will wait to figure out how to McDougallize eating out until I am thoroughly habituated to this WOE - and until I have reached my goal weight. :unibrow:
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Tue May 12, 2020 4:21 am

I ate the last of the open packet of raisins today. I was tempted to binge on the remaining packet, "eat it all up just to get rid of it and tomorrow I'll start keeping the diet perfectly." I didn't do that and I'll donate them to the food pantry. I will probably lose weight faster if I stopped all the little bits of non compliance, but at the moment I'm still losing over a pound a week so I'm satisfied. When I get to 160 I'll switch to Starch Solution and let those foods back in.
I got really tired doing my walk this morning; I had to stop and rest twice. Guess I got back into vigorous activity too soon; I'll take it easy for the rest of the week.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu May 14, 2020 3:20 am

Today things are opening back up, so I walked into town and back, 45 mins each way, for the first time in 7 weeks. It was less busy than I expected apart from long queues of men at the barbers. The cafes were all open but not many people inside. I guess things will pick up when the students come back (college town). I thought about having a cuppa and a muffin, but I prepped my potatoes before I left so went back home and had them for lunch.
For dinner I cooked rice and lentils with onions and chard; it tasted quite sweet.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 am

SW 198 lbs
GW 160 lbs; ideal 150
CW 185.2
lost this week 1.1 lb; lost so far 12.8 lbs

I know we're not supposed to east fruit only breakfast on MWLP, but with a banana as the starch component of the meal, I find a couple pieces of fruit keep me going till lunch time.
I'm spending less money on groceries. Anyone else noticed that :?:
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 am

CW 183 lbs
lost this week 2.2 lbs; lost in total 15 lbs
Been doing a lot of walking this week. Yesterday I finished the last of the white rice, so for dinner tonight I had pasta and beans for a change. I also added a spoonful of peanut butter to thicken it - first time I have eaten it in a month.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 29, 2020 1:07 am

So I haven't been journalling daily and coincidently !!! fell off the wagon in a big way this week. Lots of bread and dairy. I'd forgotten how easy it is for me to binge on these foods. Haven't weighed myself yet but I'm sure I've put on weight. At least I went for a long walk 4 days this week.
Today I ate:
3 apples
1 orange
6 cheese and bacon rolls
4 chocolate biscuits
1 container of KFC mashed potato and gravy.

Weird, I know! I thought my days of disordered eating were over; I was so disciplined with the progam for a whole 2 months. I have to keep reminding myself of the words of Liz Hurley, "You have to want to be slim more than you want that piece of cheesecake."
And I really do want to lose weight. I'm sick of carrying the extra poundage around and the effect on my health. I won't let this slip up throw me off the wagon completely. I will get back on the program starting now.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 pm

CW 182.7 lbs
loss this week 0.3 lbs
Quite pleased and surprised with this week's loss as I expected to gain. It's now the weekend and I am back on track. Thinl I'll prep a big lot of soup for the week ahead; mustn't let this slip up throw me off the program for good.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 am

Wow! a whole 4 months since I last posted. I have not been coping very well with the second shutdown due to the latest wave of Covid. :cry: Lots of white flour products, high fat cheese and eggs, drinking gallons of coffee and not much exercise. Back to 187.4 lbs and my bp is up. Because I was feeling so good at the end of May and doing well on the MWLP my dr cut my antidepressant in half and I really struggled this winter., so eating lots of comfort foods.
But now it is spring with longer days and warmer weather. I can go for long walks and start eating salads again. I thought about finishing the non compliant foods in the pantry before I started but I will just give them to the food bank. I have flour, milk powder and a dozen cans of tuna which were given me and I hate to see food wasted. Part of my problem is I didn't always have enough to eat growing up so find it hard to turn down food which is offered to me..
tinathescreamer

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals