tina's weight loss journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: tina's weight loss journey

Postby tinathescreamer » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 am

this evening I met up with some people I haven't seen in 6 months and they told me how well I look. one woman kept exclaiming my skin is glowing and I look years younger. so I guess i'm doing ok in spite of slip ups.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 am

I woke up this morning and thought the clock said 8.05. I rushed to get ready and hurried into town - only to find I was an hour early! because only the cafes were open and I hadn't had any breakfast I picked the only vegan item on the menu; a mushroom and kale pie. the filling was MWLP compliant but the pastry was not. having got off to a bad start I figured I may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb and spent the rest of the day devouring tomato sandwiches. something tells me I haven't lost any weight this week. I will do better starting right now.
tinathescreamer

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:52 pm

tinathescreamer wrote:I woke up this morning and thought the clock said 8.05. I rushed to get ready and hurried into town - only to find I was an hour early! because only the cafes were open and I hadn't had any breakfast I picked the only vegan item on the menu; a mushroom and kale pie. the filling was MWLP compliant but the pastry was not. having got off to a bad start I figured I may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb and spent the rest of the day devouring tomato sandwiches. something tells me I haven't lost any weight this week. I will do better starting right now.

I've done that a few times, when out and about...what's available that I can eat in ... Starbucks :lol: And sometimes it leads to "welp, I've gone and eaten something off plan, let's go for it" but I love the analogy of driving a car down the road. You might steer onto the shoulder a bit, but then you correct and get back on the road. No running all the way off into the ditch :lol:

But remember tomorrow is another day and get back on your horse ;) Isn't it amazing to have people notice your wellness and healthy glow!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:19 pm

CW 187 lbs
Weight gain this week 0.7
Breakfast 6 large ripe tomatoes kept me going all morning
Lunch a big plate of boiled potatoes (with a little salt)
for dinner I plan to have pasta, pumpkin and cabbage. I normally cook this with milk but veg stock will be fine. Maybe add some chickpeas if i'm really hungry.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:45 am

CW 189.6

Quite relieved when I finally got on the scale to find I haven't gained too much, becos I most definitely have not been MWLP compliant for the last 6 months. too much dairy and bread. My dinner for today was a whole pack of crackers with a whole pottle of cream cheese and a whole cucumber. No more. My next meals are to be potatoes, spuds and murphys with green and yellow veg. Flour and baked goods are my big downfall, so my only grain will be brown rice. I also eat too much fruit so am limiting myself to one piece a day. simplify, simplify, simplify. I have broccoli, carrots and red peppers in the fridge and bananas and apples in a bowl. And pumpkin is back in the stores! I heart pumpkin. And cans of chickpeas and red kidney beans in the cupboard. think I'm set as soon as I've disposed of the milk. :duh:
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 am

Actually I want to get back to this WOE because all my joints have been playing up. I suspect arthritis but will have to go to the doc next week. :crybaby:
tinathescreamer

Postby moonlight » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi Tina,

Glad you have come to your senses and are getting back on track. I did the same thing. I went off the rails maybe around July and regained 10 lbs. It is very sad. So easy to do. I felt miserable and unhealthy the whole time I was shoveling cookies into my mouth! I'm in a much better place. I tried to go back to 100% MWLP but I haven't been successful. I'm beginning to wonder if all my obsession with the MWLP is contributing to my eating binges. The last few weeks I have eaten more bread, nuts, and avocado. I'd like to have the discipline I had when I lost 30 lbs. a couple of years ago. I'm not quite sure what I'll do....

I do think being aware of diet is most important. I'm glad you are back. I may start posting everyday again. I'll be on the look out to see how you are doing. Best of luck!!
moonlight

Postby tinathescreamer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:59 am

Tena koe moonlight. it's not how many times you fall, it's about keeping on picking yourself up and carrying on, right?

I walked into town, 3 miles, for the first time in awhile, with a couple rests along the way. bought cabbage and pumpkin which should last me for a while. I'm using up the food in the cupboards, then I'm going on a modified potato diet, having been inspired by Dr Mcd's video talk. Potato will be my main starch, with other veggies, and apples my fruit. Sunday will be my cheat day, when I eat whatever I like (but not too much)

I am back on sugar free. I gave it up for Lent and didn't miss it, but I had a choc egg on Easter Sunday and it made my tummy hurt.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:55 am

Another 3 mile walk today. I did it in a little over an hour, with only one short rest.

I am using up the food in the cupboards.
Breakfast : apples and bananas
Lunch: potatoes and broccoli with hummus
Dinner: curried split pea and carrot soup, glass of milk.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:48 am

Raining today but I went for a quick 20 minute walk. Food today
Compliant: oatmeal, apples, bananas, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, lentil soup
Non compliant; raisins, pita, milk.

I don't think I'm going to be eating 100% MWL, maybe 90%.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 am

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Saturday is less rushed day for me so I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow. I have a feeling I won't have lost any because today I umm.. came into possession of a dozen cheese rolls and ate the lot. with butter. oops. at least the milk is all finished now, and I have the whole weekend without any pressure to get back on track.

and I went for another 3 mile walk. took me 5 minutes less than last time.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:39 am

I have gained .1 lbs this week so I went for a 6 mile walk. Had to have a long lie down this afternoon.

Breakfast: oats with raisins
Lunch: granola bar, apple and carrot salad
Dinner: rice, lentils, onions, cabbage

I am getting back into the menu I stuck to so successfully in lockdown. I got off track becos I was fussing about coming up with all different menues for every meal, every day. I am going to stick to basic things I like that are easy to cook. If that means eating the same things every day, well I did that in India and it was fine. Nothing like seeing hungry people all round you to make you appreciate your meals.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 am

I was good about sticking to the plan yesterday, so weighed myself this morning. I've lost 1.1 lbs! I promptly celebrated by buying 6 white rolls and eating the lot with margarine. think I'd better stick to once a week weigh ins. got back on track for dinner with potatoes, carrots and broccoli in parsley sauce, followed by an apple.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:09 am

went to the dr today. She checked my bp, 131/68, which I put down to having coffee before I went. I would like it to be lower, perhaps it will happen as I lose weight.
the Citalopram is being cut in half and if I don't get the winter blues this year I'll be off entirely in spring. glad this is happening as it has some nasty side effects, including weight gain.

wish I could be free of the Respiridone but trying to come off it before has resulted in a relapse. once I've been off the antidrepressant for a year we'll maybe look at reducing the dosage.
tinathescreamer

Postby moonlight » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:22 am

tinathescreamer wrote:I was good about sticking to the plan yesterday, so weighed myself this morning. I've lost 1.1 lbs! I promptly celebrated by buying 6 white rolls and eating the lot with margarine. think I'd better stick to once a week weigh ins. got back on track for dinner with potatoes, carrots and broccoli in parsley sauce, followed by an apple.

I love your honesty! I have had similar experiences! Loose weight and celebrate by eating!!
You seem to be doing so well. This is such a healthy diet. If only the ghosts of cravings would go somewhere else!
moonlight

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals