tina's weight loss journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: tina's weight loss journey

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 am

got off to a bad start today; I ate most of the non compliant foods in the pantry; 4 cans of tuna, 4 packets of instant noodles and half a packet of raisins. talk about disordered eating. fortunately with the weekend coming up I should plan my meals better. have lots of oats, potatoes and a whole pumpkin.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:33 am

b]CW[/b] 187.4 lbs
GW 160lbs to start, ideal weight 150
did better today; no animal products, no added fats, went for a 30 min walk. otoh I ate a peanut butter sandwich and added sugar to my oatmeal. I also ate more than 2 pieces of fruit. it's hard to get back into the discipline after months of disordered eating, but I've been reading the thread on healthy BMI and am determined to get down to a healthy weight. I am 62 yo so those years of bad eating prob put me in the at risk category.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:38 am

My sweet sisters in Christ placed all manner of stumbling blocks before me today; there were date scones, lemon cake, peanut brownies and a huge plate of cheese and crackers. I sinned - mightily. Then I took home the leftover communion bread and wine and had that too. oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara said "tomorrow is another day."
I watched Doug Lisle's video on willpower and realise the importance of eating healthy food first. Next time I will bring some fruit with me to church.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 am

I am really battling with the desire to eat white flour products; it's like an addiction. I am also addicted to coffee but gradually cutting it down. only 2 pieces of fruit today instead of the usual 5 or 6, and a good long walk.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:15 pm

CW 187.2 lbs
Loss 0.2
Had some cheese earlier in the week which I think is why the loss is not great. My sugar and salt intake is quite high and I am gulping coffee like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise stuck to the plan fairly well. Took fruit with me when going out and munched on it when off limits food appeared. Actually had more than 2 pieces of fruit a day, so maybe carrot sticks next time :-)
tinathescreamer

Postby moonlight » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:26 am

Hi Tina,

After reading your thread I see that we have several things in common. We're the same age and need to lose about the same amount of weight. I've been struggling staying on plan, too. I wish you much success!
moonlight

Postby tinathescreamer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:30 am

Kia ora moonlight. nice to hear from you, hope we can support each other. I was listening to a podcast with Chef AJ today and she talked about being addicted to refined carbs. I reaaly resonated with that as just this morning I ate six sweet rolls within 40 minutes. I believe it's the effect it has on the brain and is an attempt to self medicate - eating sugar and white flour temporarily makes me feel good. in the evening I felt hungry again but this time I ate two carrots which filled me up quite nicely, because of the fiber, I guess. anyway, i'll try to keep them always on hand.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:00 am

Still craving sugar and flour products. I realise I can't eat just one cookie; I always eat the entire packet. tonight I tried eating some pickled beets instead and they were very good and filled me up nicely.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 am

SW 187.4 lbs
GW 150
CW 186.3
Weight loss this week 0.9, 1.1 so far

Pretty pleased with this week's loss considering I got the week off with a shaky start. thanks to a certain politician who declared mid week that obese people simply have no willpower. i'll show her! i'll get to a healthy BMI before she does - maybe I should challenge her online.
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:33 am

I came a cropper at church morning tea again. i'm going to have to bring my knitting with me and sit and chat while knitting instead of eating. I must remember the words of Liz Hurley when asked how she kept her figure; "You have to want to be slim more than you want that piece of cake."
tinathescreamer

Postby tinathescreamer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:57 am

there is a bagel shop opened just round the corner; I've been dying to try it out but heroically resisted so far. today a friend popped round for a cuppa and she brought … cheese and onion bagels! what can I say? it was delicious and I went for a long walk this afternoon, will try not to cave in in the future.
tinathescreamer

Postby AlicefromBelgium » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:08 am

Hi Tina,

It can happened. Rather than resist in the future, be prepared with an alternative that you can eat at the same time your friend eats the bagel. And maybe the next time she won't bring them...

Hope you have a good day today :)
AlicefromBelgium

Postby tinathescreamer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:10 am

I am giving up coffee, which is an appetite suppressant for me. Without it I just want to eat everything. today I ate 5 bananas for lunch; could be worse, I suppose.
tinathescreamer

Postby Ejeff » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:12 pm

I gave up coffee also. Try replacing that with another hot drink. It’s likely not the coffee that suppresses the appetite, but the warm liquid. Right now I am drinking hot ginger water. It’s just fresh ginger finely chopped or grated which I put in my tea steeper.

I don’t miss coffee anymore, as I realized it was more the smell of it that I really liked. I gave up coffee because I sleep much better when I have no caffeine.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby tinathescreamer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:10 pm

thanks Erin. I like lemon and ginger tea, so will try that.
tinathescreamer

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals