Keeping myself accountable

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:16 am

I’ve decided to keep a journal of my eating so that maybe I can be compliant by journaling what I eat.
This morning I had a 30 ounce green smoothie consisting of: 3 cups spinach, 1 Tbsp flaxseed, 1 banana and pineapple. I know that smoothies are not recommended but they seem to have a laxative effect on me. An hour or so later I had 1/2 cup oatmeal (dry) with 1 tsp brown sugar and blueberries. Lunch today was broccoli, carrot and an air fried potato, with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar.
For dinner I had a Macdougall meal, Mexicali beans with brown rice. For dessert I had a piece of banana bread. It was Macdougall compliant but not MLW because it contains oat flour. Definitely satisfied!
goal140

Re: Keeping myself accountable

Postby goal140 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:22 am

Got off to a late start this morning.
Brunch was broccoli, carrots and a potato. I am expanding my vegetable garden and need extra energy to shovel 2 cubic yards of topsoil into my bed. That will be my exercise for today. No need to go for a walk!
Finished shoveling and had a piece of banana bread, Macdougall compliant but not MWL because it contains oat flour. I also had three cuties.
Dinner will be leftovers from yesterday, Macdougall Mexicali beans, with some steamed Swiss chard.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Happy Easter!
Breakfast this morning: Broccoli and carrots with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. My second breakfast was steel cut oats with a banana, 1 tsp brown sugar and a tsp. Of ground flax.
Snack: McDougall compliant slice of banana bread, notMWL compliant because it contains oat flour.
Dinner: I made a FOK recipe, greens and grits, which consisted of grits and pinto beans as my starch
And onions, red bell pepper, tomatoes and kale as my vegetables. It was good and filling.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Good evening,
Breakfast: broccoli and carrots.
Lunch: steel cut oats with blueberries and 1 tsp of brown sugar
Snack: McDougall compliant banana bread but not MWL compliant because it contains oat flour.
2 fun size pieces Snickers :(
Dinner: No oil hummus with carrots and red pepper and an air fried potato

Finally finished up the banana bread.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Today I am going to change the order of my meals, having my most calorically dense meal for breakfast, breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dine like a pauper. I was listening to a podcast on getting a good nights sleep, the host and guest were saying that if the heaviest meal was eaten in the evening then one won’t sleep as well, that it should be eaten in the morning. I am going to put it to the test.
Breakfast: Two clementines, FOK greens and grits, consisting of grits, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, kale and beans.
Lunch: Steel cut oats with blueberries and dandelions.
Dinner: Carrots, broccoli and a potato with a splash of balsamic vinegar.

I am keeping this journal so that I can get advice when my weight loss stalls. I have been McDougalling on and off for the past 9 years. I would get frustrated because the weight wouldn’t come off, like it seemed to for others. This is my third week being on MWL and we shall see. The first week I lost 1.8 lbs, the next week gained .8lbs. I’m curious to see what I’ve done this week.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 am

Good morning,
I am such a creature of habit and I do a lot of batch cooking, so my meals are rather redundant. But that is ok with me.
Breakfast: FOK grits and greens, consisting of onions, red bell pepper, tomatoes, kale, grits and beans.
Lunch: oatmeal with dandelions and a handful of blueberries.
Dinner: Chef AJ’s mashed potatoes with onion and mushroom gravy and broccoli.

Now comes the time to ‘fess up, I had 6 pieces of a Whitman’s sampler. I’ve been so good up to this point. Will I ever be able to be 100% compliant? The only thing to do is h
Get back on track!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:53 pm

I took a detour last night and to add insult to injury, the food addict in me had icecream :angry:

This morning for breakfast I had FOK grits and greens consisting of grits, beans, tomatoes, onions, red bell pepper.
Lunch: Steel cut oats with 1 tsp brown sugar, blueberries and dandelion greens.
Dinner: Broccoli, carrots, cabbage and 2 potatoes.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning everyone,
Had a nice long walk this morning while listening to various “vegan” podcasts, some better than others.
Breakfast: 1/2 cups cooked steel cut oats with 1/2 cup of blueberries.
Lunch: Salad consisting of romaine , kale, red leaf lettuce, spinach, 2 cuties, orange bell pepper and balsamic vinegar, and a potato
Dinner: Rutabaga, broccoli, cauliflower carrots, potato and a banana.
Also had a slice of bread. I am hungry but it is 10:30 pm, I think I will call it a night.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Good afternoon,
It’s been raining so I am not able to do my walking. Yesterday I walked over 11000 steps.
Today, who knows?
Breakfast: Steel cut oats and blueberries.
Lunch: 1/2 rutabaga, Swiss chard, carrot and broccoli.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:44 pm

I went for a my walk this morning and walked a little over 8000 steps while listening to a podcast.
Breakfast was my usual oatmeal with blueberries.
Lunch: I had a couple of air fried potatoes with cauliflower, cabbage and carrots.
I had a snack apple pie in the air fryer. Not totally compliant because it contains rolled oats, but it was good!
Dinner: I had barley vegetable soup.

Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain most of the week. At least my garden will appreciate the watering!
goal140

Postby goal140 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:09 am

Ugh! I forgot to post yesterday! But I was totally compliant ( won’t bore you with yesterday’s meals).

Before breakfast I went for a 3 mile walk, listening to a WFPB podcast.

Breakfast: Steel cut oats with banana and blueberries.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:03 am

Good afternoon!

I went for a 3 mile walk this morning. Within 10minutes of being home, I was hungry!

Breakfast: cauliflower, carrots and cabbage with 3 cuties and a small sweet potato.

Lunch: Oat groats with a banana and a splash of almond milk.

Dinner: Lentil soup

Ended up with over 11,000 steps today.
goal140

Postby goal140 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:50 pm

I know I’ve seen the question before,but I don’t know where.
How do I know that I’m eating enough? I eat pretty simply, but is it enough?
goal140

Postby Ejeff » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:07 am

If you are eating when hungry and stopping when comfortably full it is likely you are eating enough. And each meal needs to include starch.

If you have lots of energy (and you seem to with all those steps), it is quite likely you are eating enough.

Congratulations on sticking with the program. :-D
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby goal140 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:25 pm

Thank you Jeff!

I decided to do a 2 week trial of Noom, and it is not for me! Most of the information they presented, I already knew. Why pay for a reinforcing of what I already know! It became redundant when I posted my meals on this forum and on Noom and with Noom I had to enter approximations or measurements, which I didn’t like!

Brunch: Oat groats with a banana and a splash of almond milk.
Snack: Potato
Dinner: Tofu scramble, consisting of tofu, onions, tomatoes, spinach and various spices.
Snack: 2 clementines.

The weather wasn’t cooperating, so I couldn’t walk. I did housework instead.
goal140

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals