CrazyVegLife

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

CrazyVegLife

Postby CrazyVegLady » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:01 pm

I wasn’t going to journal here but I feel like I need to get some things off of my chest and hopefully get some advise.

Today I ate a nanaimo bar, and to anyone not from Canada it is chocolate, icing sugar, and more chocolate. I feel really disgusting now, but I’m not going to lie and omit the fact that I ate it.

I have about 12 lbs to lose. I feel so disgusting. I have trouble eating the food (which would go better without the before mentioned nanaimo bar). I eat oat groats and berries, some steamed or mashed potatoes, veggies and hummus, rice and beans with potato “cheese” sauce. All oil free. The hummus was made with tahini but I’m not going to do that again. I eat everything with a half plate of veggies, usually broccoli or steamed kale.

Every night I go to bed feeling stuffed, then I wake up in the morning feeling leaner. It’s like magic. But I don’t know if I should be feeling so stuffed?

I’m terrified I’m going to gain weight and not lose it (again, easier without the chocolate). I only know my weight because of a doctor’s visit. I don’t plan to weight myself especially since I don’t own a scale.
CrazyVegLady

Re: CrazyVegLife

Postby Creaky » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 pm

You stopped by my new journal so I thought I'd stop by yours.

I just started on this WOE, so I can't advise you on the program.

I know it's hard to depend on a scale, sometimes you get married to the number on it, but if you don't have a way to track yourself, it can get worrisome. Is it working or not working for me? I have to have the scale. It's just an instrument to me (I'm a chemist IRL).

Is there another way for you to track how things are going for you? Measurements? A scale you could use once a week at the same time, etc? Maybe once you have confidence that the process is working for you, it will put your mind at ease.

Good luck on this.

Creaks
Creaky

Re: CrazyVegLife

Postby Ejeff » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:35 am

On this program it is recommended to weigh weekly. There are studies that show people that weigh weekly have more success losing and keeping the weight off. If you really are terrified of gaining and you want the best health possible I would invest in a scale.

Also, do your best not to eat until stuffed, but until just satisfied.

You say you have trouble eating the food, what kind of trouble?

I am also in Canada, welcome to the McDougall program. It really works well and when I started (5.5 years ago), it was the best decision of my life.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals