Vivian's Daily Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby VivianS » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 am

Thank you for teaching me to eat a soup and/or salad and / or fruit before each meal.
Last edited by VivianS on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VivianS

Re: Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 am

Vivian, you're heroic, doing your weight training as you recupe from this lung ailment! Well done! And yes, eat clean. Nothing better for a healthy, fighting, robust immune system. :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby VivianS » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 am

I am deleting all my posts.
Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Postby mandybee » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:56 pm

VivianS, I've been thinking of you and sending you prayers of a speedy recovery! I am so impressed you keep lifting weights, even from bed that's quite the determination and it really inspires me. I agree with Buns of Aluminum-- a clean diet really helps your body recover so much faster. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
mandybee

Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby VivianS » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:20 am

I want to delete all my posts. The delete option is hard to find.
Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby VivianS » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:04 am

I want to delete all my posts. Why don't you make the delete option easily available?
Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:12 am

Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am

Last edited by VivianS on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 am

VivianS October 16, 2020 Friday
This is my morning routine for maximum weight loss compliance, compliance to doctor's orders and a nod to FLYLADY.NET (Marla Cilley) who helps me manage my own life and help control chaos in housekeeping for two little children and their family.
When I awaken to go to the bathroom, I read the sign posted in front of my toilet, "WEIGH BEFORE YOU DRESS." On my notebook I write the night before, "Weigh before Rx." These two notes help me weigh naked and empty ( before I eat or drink anything). I weigh at night before bed and in the morning. Both weights are recorded in my notebook daily page and on the chart for the weigh-in on Friday. Jeff Novick and Dr. Lyle suggest weighing once a week. My doctor who is also my husband's heart doctor wants us to weigh twice a day. If there is more than two pounds of difference, the doctor must be called. My husband must write weight and blood pressure on his calendar twice a day. Fluid collecting and therefore a two pound change can indicate heart failure. His daily attention to detail has helped him and me, too.

A day begins the night before when I write in my notebook the medications I must take, the notes for recurring activities that must happen (order medicines, doctor's appointments,
exercise, anything else I must do, prayers, etc. ) I pack my food sack, plan my trips, a write my other to do items.
posted my weight loss, my success with the 10 point MWL checklist and the 2 areas that needed attention.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am

This is my morning routine for maximum weight loss compliance, compliance to doctor's orders and a nod to FLYLADY.NET (Marla Cilley) who helps me manage my own life and help control chaos in housekeeping for two little children and their family.
When I awaken to go to the bathroom, I read the sign posted in front of me as I sit on my toilet, "WEIGH BEFORE YOU DRESS." On my notebook I write the night before, "Weigh before Rx." These two notes help me weigh naked and empty ( before I eat or drink anything). I weigh at night before bed and in the morning. Both weights are recorded in my notebook daily page and on the chart for the weigh-in on Friday. Jeff Novick and Dr. Lyle suggest weighing once a week. My doctor who is also my husband's heart doctor wants us to weigh twice a day. If there is more than two pounds of difference, the doctor must be called. My husband must write weight and blood pressure on his calendar twice a day. Fluid collecting and therefore a two pound change can indicate heart failure. His daily attention to detail has helped him and me, too.

A day begins the night before when I write in my notebook the medications I must take ( they vary from day to day), the notes for recurring activities that must happen (order medicines, doctor's appointments, exercise, anything else I must do, prayers, etc. ) I pack my food sack, plan my trips, and write my other to do items.
When I woke up this morning, I went to the restroom, weighed, wrote my weight and waist measurement, dressed, and posted those things in notebook, chart and Cronometer. Per my doctor's orders, I took my medicines with water and waited an hour until I can eat. During the hour, I posted on the Maximum Weight Loss forum: my weight loss, my success with the 10 point MWL checklist and the 2 areas that needed attention.
Now I am going to enjoy my breakfast. I hope your night time and morning routines are giving you success!
VivianS
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 am

When I awaken to go to the bathroom, I read the sign posted in front of me as I sit on my toilet, "WEIGH BEFORE YOU DRESS." On my notebook I write the night before, "Weigh before Rx." These two notes help me weigh naked and empty ( before I eat or drink anything). I weigh at night before bed and in the morning. Both weights are recorded in my notebook daily page and on the chart for the weigh-in on Friday. Jeff Novick and Dr. Lyle suggest weighing once a week. My doctor who is also my husband's heart doctor wants us to weigh twice a day. If there is more than two pounds of difference, the doctor must be called. My husband must write weight and blood pressure on his calendar twice a day. Fluid collecting and therefore a two pound change can indicate heart failure. His daily attention to detail has helped him and me, too.

A day begins the night before when I write in my notebook the medications I must take ( they vary from day to day), the notes for recurring activities that must happen (order medicines, doctor's appointments, exercise, anything else I must do, prayers, etc. ) I pack my food sack, plan my trips, and write my other to do items.
When I woke up this morning, I went to the restroom, weighed, wrote my weight and waist measurement, dressed, and posted those things in notebook, chart and Cronometer. Per my doctor's orders, I took my medicines with water and waited an hour until I can eat. During the hour, I posted on the Maximum Weight Loss forum: my weight loss, my success with the 10 point MWL checklist and the 2 areas that needed attention.
Now I am going to enjoy my breakfast. I hope your night time and morning routines are giving you success!
VivianS
VivianS

Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Breakfast:
1/2 peach,, raw. My husband ate the other half during the night and saved this part for me.
Steel cut oats 1/3 cup dry
Oat bran 1/2 cup dry...not MWL compliant, but recommended by my gastroenterologist.
It may be that like my substitution of fresh plums for dried fruit (prunes), I may find a working substitute for the oat bran. I have given up ground flaxseed. I don't know if I can keep my guts happy without oat bran.
1 cup of blueberries.
1 teaspoon of vanilla.
I drank 20 ounces of heated pot liquor containing Miralax and more morning medicines including B12.
Lunch
Mix these two in a bowl and heat in microwave for 3 minutes:
6x4 soup
Green peas 1/2 cup
Main dish:
Mustard greens 1.25 cups
1 medium sweet potato with the skin on and chopped into bites ( precooked in microwave.: wrap with a wet towel , cook 6 minutes on high, turn over, cook 6 more minutes ).
1/2 can of pinto beans, drained and washed ( about 3/4 cup of beans
2 veggie soup
Mix together and heat for 6 minutes in microwave
Top with 2 cups of Romaine lettuce and 1 cup of diced tomato.

Dessert:
2 plums
Water 10 ounces heated in microwave for 2 minutes

I have had lots of fruit: 2.5 servings or 4.5 depending on how much you count as a serving. That may not be MWL compliant, but I am keeping my guts happy. The journal has done its job again. I have slowed down enough to think about these things. I know that I will require less food as I lose weight. Fruit is a good place to start. ONE PLUM tomorrow night.
I walked for 60 minutes and I swam for an hour. I will lift weights before I go to bed.
I think the MWL CHECKLIST is like sculpting. Trim away anything that doesn't look like a slim person.
Good night.
Last edited by VivianS on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VivianS

Vivian's Daily Journal

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 pm

Breakfast:
1/2 peach,, raw. My husband ate the other half during the night and saved this part for me.
Steel cut oats 1/3 cup dry
Oat bran 1/2 cup dry...not MWL compliant, but recommended by my gastroenterologist.
It may be that like my substitution of fresh plums for dried fruit (prunes), I may find a working substitute for the oat bran. I have given up ground flaxseed. I don't know if I can keep my guts happy without oat bran.
1 cup of blueberries.
1 teaspoon of vanilla.
I drank 20 ounces of heated pot liquor containing Miralax and more morning medicines including B12.
Lunch
Mix these two in a bowl and heat in microwave for 3 minutes:
6x4 soup
Green peas 1/2 cup
Main dish:
Mustard greens 1.25 cups
1 medium sweet potato with the skin on and chopped into bites ( precooked in microwave.: wrap with a wet towel , cook 6 minutes on high, turn over, cook 6 more minutes ).
1/2 can of pinto beans, drained and washed ( about 3/4 cup of beans
2 veggie soup
Mix together and heat for 6 weeks in microwave
Top with 2 cups of Romaine lettuce and 1 cup of diced tomato.

Dessert:
2 plums
Water 10 ounces heated in microwave for 2 minutes

I have had lots of fruit: 2.5 servings or 4.5 depending on how much you count as a serving. That may not be MWL compliant, but I am keeping my guts happy. The journal has done its job again. I have slowed down enough to think about these things. I know that I will require less food as I lose weight. Fruit is a good place to start. ONE PLUM tomorrow night.
I walked for 60 minutes and I swam for an hour. I will lift weights before I go to bed.
I think the MWL CHECKLIST is like sculpting. Trim away anything that doesn't look like a slim person.
Good night.
VivianS

Postby VivianS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:34 pm

VivianS October 16, 2020
Please tell me how to delete my posts and the entire journal and anything else on this forum I have written. Thank you for all you have done for me. I will continue with whole food plant based eating. I will let you devote your time to some new people.
VivianS

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals