ZenVegan Daily Menus & Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

ZenVegan Daily Menus & Journal

Postby ZenVegan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:23 pm

10/10/2020
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for desert.
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
6. Eliminate any added oil.
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
8. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).

Menu
No breakfast - not really a breakfast person. When I eat before 12:00 noon, my appetite seem to be open all day and I can't stop eating. But when I started eating at noon or after, I seem to be in better control.

Lunch :
Large leafy green salad with grapes & strawberries...no dressing
Steamed Sweet Potato
Steamed Broccoli
Steamed Noir Kale with Onions

Dinner:
Black Rice
Steamed Frozen Vegetables

Snack:
Grapes

My exercise today was housework
Drank a good amount of water today
Used Knorr Vegetable stock cube...half cube which is high in sodium.
Cutting back on salt...hoping to eliminating this all together one day. The stock cube was the only sodium I consumed today.
No sugar.
Overall, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY❤️
ZenVegan

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals