Teresa's Journal to lose 120 pounds

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Teresa's Journal to lose 120 pounds

Postby teresamere » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm not new to this diet, but got sidetracked by stress/life, but the starch solution seems to work best for me, so here again. (also most affordable).

Have to clean out my cabinets. Have been mostly still eating starch based but with some junk/crap I need to throw out.

I would say I'm about 110-120 lbs overweight, if my weight ideal is a BMI of 18.5.

My recent blood test are okay for someone my weight, I don't have diabetes or anything. Was slightly anemic other than that the doctor said my results look good.

Need to wean off coffee and artificial sweeteners, which make me crave more salt.

Sometimes I get "gut cramps" with vomiting, think it may be endometriosis related? But this diet should clear that up. Had a scan done for digestive gut problems, but none found.
teresamere

Re: Day 1

Postby teresamere » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Breakfast: half a watermelon
Lunch: 5 boiled potatoes with half a cabbage, a little unsweetened soymilk and soy sauce to make it tasty.
Evening: 2 Apples

Not really hungry now, ate good for a first day.
Will weigh myself every month I think.

Feel fine.
teresamere

Re: Teresa's Journal to lose 120 pounds

Postby teresamere » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:36 pm

UPDATE:
I have been off in diet land, trying other diets, but they only indirectly caused me to gain more weight. I have to be more careful about what I eat, because I'm on a lot of obesogenic psychiatric medications, that make me gain easy and lose slow.I feel like on these medications I could probably just live on air and be a breatharian. LOL

Low fat vegan diets seem to help when I do them.

I am going to try to MWL plan, at least for 3 month, and try different recipes, so I don't get bored with it, and wander off to eating non compliant things.

I will take pictures of what I eat in a day, so I can be more accountable.
teresamere

Postby Principality » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm

teresamere wrote:UPDATE:
I have been off in diet land, trying other diets, but they only indirectly caused me to gain more weight. I have to be more careful about what I eat, because I'm on a lot of obesogenic psychiatric medications, that make me gain easy and lose slow.I feel like on these medications I could probably just live on air and be a breatharian. LOL

Low fat vegan diets seem to help when I do them.

I am going to try to MWL plan, at least for 3 month, and try different recipes, so I don't get bored with it, and wander off to eating non compliant things.

I will take pictures of what I eat in a day, so I can be more accountable.

I want to be a breatharian too! Where do I sign up?
Starting weight : 240lbs, current 235.9 change -4.1
Principality

Postby teresamere » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:20 am

Still working on my habits. but feel better eating starch, mostly eat the same things, like potatoes with broccoli every day. But trying to eliminate drinking artificial sweeteners cause obviously bad for you, and they make me eat more, and reducing sodium.
teresamere

Postby tinathescreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 am

I hear ya on the meds causing weight gain. I never had a weight problem until I was put on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants. then I gained 50 lbs. I go on the low fat vegan diet, lose 10-15 lbs then all the white flour products start creeping back in. Today I at 12 cheese rolls... I know. makes me feel good while I'm eating them but lousy afterwards. I'm trying to eat more rice and potatoes. but I miss bread and pasta...

tina
tinathescreamer

Postby teresamere » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:06 pm

tinathescreamer wrote:I hear ya on the meds causing weight gain. I never had a weight problem until I was put on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants. then I gained 50 lbs. I go on the low fat vegan diet, lose 10-15 lbs then all the white flour products start creeping back in. Today I at 12 cheese rolls... I know. makes me feel good while I'm eating them but lousy afterwards. I'm trying to eat more rice and potatoes. but I miss bread and pasta...

tina

I know the struggle! I do my best now not to go to the grocery store hungry or other people's social events, because I will eat off this diet. If I am hungry while grocery shopping, I will get things I'm trying to stay away from.

Did manage to stop diet drinks, which is a big deal for me, I could drink up to 6 liters of diet soda a day, and have been doing that for 20 years, so now I finally quit that, working on other bad habits. What helped me was reading Atomic Habits, by James Clear, still working through the book, but it's helped me tackle at least that bad habit.
teresamere

Postby Ruff » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:24 pm

I love atomic habits! Brilliant book.

This months habit is "whilst my porridge is cooking I will do my sit-ups and planks". I use steel cut oats, so the cooking takes a while.

I write the current habit on a card on a ring, so I have a reminder, and when it becomes automatic I write out a new one, and then I have a record of my achievements. I like analogue records, I'm not really a digital gal.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals