HealthyAppetite's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: HealthyAppetite's Journal

Postby HealthyAppetite » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Weight: 224.6

Lunch: bag of frozen broccoli, bean burritos (corn tortillas, ff refried beans)
Dinner: 2 whole wheat pitas stuffed with cucumber, carrots, mustard and spinach

Today was the first day that I was surprisingly not hungry. I ate because I was "supposed to" but I wasn't really interested. Otherwise, things are going well. I still haven't dusted off the old treadmill.
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Weight: 223.0

Brunch: bag frozen broccoli, baked potatoes with bbq sauce, 3 clementine cuties
Snack: carrots and cucumbers
Dinner: bean burritos with spinach, 2 slices Ezekiel bread with jam, rice cake

I’m wearing a smaller size in my work pants that didn’t fit just a week ago. They are brand new and I am already looking forward to donating them when they are too big. Things are going well - I’m so satisfied with my food and sometimes I can’t believe how easy it is. The food is yummy and easy to prepare. Broccoli and potatoes are saving my life. Huh.

Well, we had a few drinks at home and I got super hungry around 2 AM. So not only did I have some vodka, I found some leftover french fries, baked potato chips and two vegan hotdogs with buns. Alcohol takes away all my restraint and good work for the week.
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Weight: 225.7

Breakfast: bag frozen broccoli, hash browns, ketchup
Lunch: corn tortillas, refried beans, spinach, tomato, green onions
Snack: air popped popcorn, mcdougall ramen
Dinner: vegetable soup, miso, carrots, corn, red pepper, broccoli, baby book chop, peas, healthy noodles from Costco - very warm and filling

Well, I don't feel particularly great today since we stayed up late having some adult beverages. And then I got into some snacks around 2 AM. Alcohol definitely takes away my restraint and good judgement.

Beautiful day today.

I checked my calories today - less than 1300 and 68 grams of fiber! Way too much sodium but...
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Weight 227.4

Breakfast: cereal, almond milk (whole wheat biscuits, Uncle Sam's, Ezekiel, oatmeal)
Lunch: bag of frozen broccoli, corn tortillas, ff refried beans, green onions
Snack: two frozen pretzels, slice Ezekiel bread
Dinner: planned homemade sushi with sweet potato and cucumber filling. leftover vegetable miso soup

The night of drinking two days ago (dehydration rebounding) and all the sodium yesterday has left me feeling swollen and sluggish. Ick. Not much motivation today.
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Weight: 227.4

Breakfast: broccoli, hash browns, ketchup
Lunch: leftover vegetable soup, brown rice
Dinner: bean burritos, lettuce, tomato, taco sauce, salsa

Long day, time for bed.
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:16 pm

Weight: 227.1

Breakfast: broccoli, hash browns, ketchup
Lunch: bean burritos
Dinner: Mac & cheese: whole wheat elbows, zucchini, yellow squash, red & yellow peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, onions; cheese sauce made of butternut squash, cannelini beans and spices
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 pm

Weight: 225.7

Breakfast: leftover mac & cheese, broccoli, corn
Lunch: company lunch - I had hummus (oil), pita bread (probably more oil) and greek potato salad (vinegar based, had green onions and I’m sure oil!). And…a couple of bites of fresh feta cheese.
Dinner: asparagus, red & yellow peppers, onions, teriyaki sauce, corn stick glass noodles

Well, I sort of went hog wild at lunch. I was hungry and not prepared to deal with some old favorites like hummus and fresh baked pita bread. The feta cheese sort of tasted rotten to me - it has been a long time since I have had any dairy products. To get myself off of dairy products about 18 months ago I started referring to any dairy product as “hormonal pus”. Ha - so that may have been in the back of my mind.

I’m really thinking about starting MWL. My weight loss hasn’t really gone anywhere over the past week. I am also thinking (again) about dusting off the treadmill. I thought about it when I was driving home then promptly took a nap shortly after I walked through the door. It has already been a long and busy week at work. I have been listening to Pritikin's lectures on the way home - very interesting.
HealthyAppetite

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am

Hello

I like that you're posting your weight every day. It's easy to see the jump after your night of drinking and snacking, and then the steady decline over the following days. Notice the word "decline" :nod: I also love that you took a nap as soon as you got home instead of getting on the treadmill :lol:

Sounds like me. The MWL group is great! Accountability and support work wonders! Hope to see you there
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby HealthyAppetite » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Weight: 224.6

Breakfast: frozen bag of broccoli, leftover mac & cheese with lots o' veggies
Lunch: bean burritos
Dinner: frozen hash browns in my brand new air fryer

I did it - I actually dusted off the treadmill, plugged it in and walked for 30 minutes. I used the Peloton app (free trial for 30 days) and did a 30 minute walking session since I've heard so much about how people like the daily encouragement. I found the instructor rather annoying and I think I would rather listen to my own music and entertain myself. But I did increase the speed and incline at his recommendations so that is something. And the 30 minutes did seem to fly by.

I bought a new Breville Smart Oven Air today - it is my first counter top big appliance purchase and it is really taking up some major space. (I hide everything else in my pantry until I need to use it. This thing is way to big and heavy to be moved around.) But I made air fryer hash browns tonight and they were amazing. Probably dehydrated too much with a corresponding increase in calorie density... I should have had some vegetables to go along with it but I really wasn't interested tonight.

And thanks Buns - I've read your journal with great admiration for your tenacity of following the McDougall principles! I have been lurking around the MWL forum but I'm not quite ready yet. :)
HealthyAppetite

Postby HealthyAppetite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Weight: 224.8

Breakfast: frozen broccoli, left over mac & cheeze
Lunch: potatoes, carrots, green onions, vinegar to mix it all up
Dinner: sweet potato and ff refried bean burritos

Did another 30 minutes on the treadmill when I got home instead of laying down and being lazy. I actually feel better now then when I got home so that is interesting.
HealthyAppetite

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals