Toad's Food Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Toad's Food Journal

Postby toad » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:31 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Toad? Is it the original Toad LTNS if so!

or a new one? WELCOME!

Sorry, I am not that Toad, don't know who that is. Thanks
toad

Postby toad » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:33 pm

Anna Green wrote:Hi. I'm the queen of the trying over again so I feel you. :-D My cheap food comes from Sav A lot, Salvage grocery places, what's on sale, frozen and bulk. I've actually gotten a ton of organic greens before at a salvage grocery place that were fairly fresh. It's a hit or miss kind of thing. Someone suggested too that at the end of the day at a farmer's market sometimes they'll sell stuff cheap. I was given some free seeds and am growing arugula and herbs in containers. I sprout too in jars. I make my own plant milks sometimes for pennies. I get bulk seeds, beans and grains at Azure Standard because they have a truck that drops in New Orleans. The delivery cost is cheap compared to shipping. I can get the stuff for drastically lower than my grocery and it's often organic though not all the time. They don't seem to have a mandatory spending so if I want to just get one or two things I can. I don't do all organic because of cost but also I don't think for many foods it's worth it...the pesticides are much lower.

Don't know if that's helpful. Just wanted you to know I'm trying to eat low cost as well. I fail sometimes but then I get back to it.

Thanks for the tips, I shop mostly at Walmart and 99 cent store, because other grocery stores around me are almost twice as much.
toad

Postby landog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:40 am

toad wrote:Another reason, I'm trying Mc Dougall diet, is I am obese, things are popping up at my middle age, been obese 25 years, now I have health issues showing up, like a bone spur, sciatic nerve pain, I know my heavy weight makes these things worse, so need to lose weight for health reasons, vanity aside.

Hi Toad,

If you haven't seen this, here is a presentation by Jeff Novick about calorie density, which is really the key to weight loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg

I watch this periodically; I must have seen it dozens of times!

Be well,
-dog
landog

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi Toad, :D

Hope you are doing great... +1 for Landog recommendation!!! Has helped me 100%...

Also, check out all of these threads... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48609

Best,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals